Kriya to Make Your Skin Radiant
Originally taught on February 26, 1986
This set of exercises works to improve the skin by removing the effects of long-term anger and stress through adjustment of the metabolism.
Stress and anger affect the skin. Inner anger can make you accomplish a lot, but if you are angry and blaming, then this anger will keep you in a state of low self-esteem. This creates long-term stress which dulls the mind, makes life boring, and takes away your happiness.
1. Sit with the legs stretched out in front, arms at the sides. Keeping the heels on the ground, bend and raise the left knee. As you lower the left knee, bend and raise the right knee, so that you alternately move the knees up and down. 3 minutes.
2. Continue the same leg motion as in Exercise 1. Stretch the arms straight out in front, palms facing down. Begin alternately moving the arms up and down, coordinating with the leg motion, so that the left knee and arm move together, and the right knee and arm move together. Move at a speed of 5 times per second, or faster, and try to create a sweat. 15 minutes.
3. Lie on the back with the arms at the sides. Raise and lower the pelvis so that everything from the shoulders to the ankles is lifted off the ground, then lowered back down. Move very quickly. 9 minutes.
4. Same exercise as #3, but instead of lying on the back, lie on the stomach. 13 minutes.
5. Cat Stretch alternately to the left side, then to the right side. Do as many as you can. 4 minutes.
6. Deep relaxation. Lie down and relax. Breathe extremely slowly. 11 minutes.
© The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan