Solstice Youth Camp Co-op (SYCC)
For children ages 3–12
Solstice Youth Camp Co-op (SYCC) is a powerful opportunity for children to feed both their spirit and their sense of fun, while learning ancient yogic teachings that build strong bodies and strong character. Twice a year at each Solstice, people from all over the world gather together to purify and uplift their consciousness in community. Give your child the opportunity to dwell in that frequency, be free, learn and connect with their peers. Solstice Youth Camp provides an opportunity for both parents and children to connect with their spirit. It is a Camp Co-Operative, which means that the parents help run the camp. All parents practice their Karma Yoga in SYCC, helping out in various ways.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service.
For families with kids up to 12 years old including Service Exchanges, Dharmic Employees and Scholarship parents.
Babies & Infants to 2 yrs: Free!
Youth Full Event, 3–17 yrs: $430
Youth Day Pass, 3–17 yrs: $108
Teens Announcement: Please consider carefully before bringing your teen to Solstice. We are rebuilding our teen programming. Have they been to Solstice before and do they like attending yoga classes? There are activities around camp, but your teen should be the kind that appreciates yoga and meditation before attending. If not, consider trying to make arrangements in order to attend the event without your teen. Or better yet, have them bring along a friend to better keep each other occupied!
Click here for the adult and senior rates.
Camp Age Groups
The Solstice Youth Camp Co-op Team is working hard to serve the needs of your children. Please register them for their age group as activities in each group are age-specific. Anyone who wants to put their child in another age group MUST receive approval from the SYCC Manager.
How to Register your family online
- To register, click the option to “register now” at the bottom of this page
- Select the “Adult Full Event” registration for yourself
- on the “Agenda” page of your registration, click the option to “Add another person”
- Register parents first, then children
- This registration automatically registers your child for Solstice Youth Camp
- Print your Event Ticket, with barcode, and bring it with you to the site
- Fill out Child Forms below and bring them with you to the site
Forms for your Child
More info soon!
When Arriving On-Site for Check-In
- Families entering the Registration area will go to the Family Check-In Table.
- The Parent Cooperative Program registration and the On-site Check-In will be handled here for Families with children 12 and under.
- Parents will give the Family Check-In Team either their event ticket, last name or email address they used to register with and you will be checked-in with your children at that time.
- Parent Badges will be with Adult Check-In but Children’s Badges will be at the Family Check-In Area.
For parents with children 3-4 years old, there is a cooperative program to help you and your own preschooler’s needs while at Solstice. An area with toys, food, and manager will be available. On days that are not scheduled camp days, you are welcome to make use of the preschooler area. Please be conscientious in caring for the communal space.
* Children must be potty-trained to be in the preschool program
Typical camp day activities include yoga, music and mantra, crafts, games, stories, and nap time!
Typical camp activities include yoga and meditation, bhangra, gatka, mantra and music, sports, and crafts.
What to Bring:
The Solstice environment requires that each child has the following with them everyday:
- A Backpack
- Water bottle
- Hat or visor
- Swimsuit, towel & goggles
- Sturdy closed-toed shoes; no sandals at Ram Das Puri
In addition, Toddler/Pre-School (3 to 4 years old) must also bring:
- Change of clothes
- Diapers (SYCC does not provide diapers)
* Please LABEL EVERYTHING your child brings to camp with their name and your cell phone number. This supports both security and safety of your child and their belongings.
The cost for most activities is included in the registration fee. Additional money for dinners and other activities will be required by some programs. Camp may include the following types of activities appropriate to each age group: music, arts, crafts, nature studies, ropes fun, martial arts, horseback riding, bowling, archery, golf instruction, and some swimming.
Parents whose children participate in SYCC are required to attend Parent Karma Yoga Meetings. This meeting time is built into the camp schedule. There are no other programs or activities scheduled during Karma Yoga meeting times as Karma Yoga is an all camp practice.
- Meeting Time: 8:30 a.m. Sunday, December 17 and Monday, December 18.
- Meeting Location: Map available in the Check-In area
SYCC Parent Karma Yoga Meetings Include:
- Learning your responsibilities as guides on the day you serve and other directives and information that will support your children’s experience at the event.
- Opportunities to co-op with other parents on the days that SYCC is not offered.
- Building support systems with other parents and the SYCC Service Exchanges.
- Meditating with other parents.
- Activities including clown, art, and music will be provided for the younger children during the meeting.
Parent’s Karma Yoga:
—All parents of children ages 3–12 years old serve in SYCC as their karma yoga.
—Specific schedule and time commitment will be determined based on the number of parents serving in SYCC, but expect to volunteer at least 1-2 days of time. —If two parents are attending, at least one parent must serve in Youth Camp as a Service Exchange or Karma Yogi. However, it is really helpful for the health of the camp for both parents to serve with their child, although one can opt to do a Service Exchange or Karma Yoga service in another area.
—Parents of teens 13–17 years old are not required to do karma yoga in SYCC (although it is extremely helpful!), and can opt to choose their karma yoga in another camp area.
- Parents are expected to have cell phone numbers on their registration form (this will be on the child’s badge) so we can contact you if necessary.
- We find that sometimes children refuse to drink enough water; in this environment hydration is a must and children can become very emotional if they have not had enough to drink. Please make sure they are hydrated prior to coming to the co-op, and encourage them to drink throughout the day. If your child appears to be suffering from dehydration and refuses to drink, you will be contacted.
- We have had parents in the past who have not shown up for their Karma Yoga. This puts extra stress on the parents that do come, and on the children. Please be sure to participate and enjoy!
When you register, you will be required to choose your Karma Yoga service (. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your participation please contact [email protected]
Want a reduced rate to attend Solstice and serve 5-6 hours a day with your child?
APPLY TO SERVE WITH SOLSTICE YOUTH CAMP (SYCC) SERVICE EXCHANGE HERE.
With a much smaller camp this year, 3HO is changing the format for all ages of children. We are rebooting and shifting this year and during this transition we ask for your patience while we slowly rebuild.
3HO will be providing childcare in a simplified camp format so that parents can help each other, planned activities can happen for all age groups and parents can support each other to have the days of deep meditation through White Tantric Yoga and the additional programming. We will provide a special shaded shelter & playground, a certified lifeguard at the pool and toys/games for children ages 3–12 years old as well as a separate child-friendly menu.
There will be a certified lifeguard at the pool but parents must be present with them.
All parents are expected to volunteer 1-2 days of time helping at the children’s camp. But as a service exchange team member, you will serve more days and support parents and keep the toys and children’s shelter clean and organized.
3HO is providing an environment for children to have fun with their friends and families as we safely rebuild the children’s camp and you will be a part of this!
We have in place the same policy as prior years, which is a parent with a child of an age that requires supervision (12 and under) can not sign up for a management or service exchange position other than SYCC, but instead will join the parents karma yoga team, to be with other families and support each other in caring for their children.
- Youth 17 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or acting guardian who is over 25 years of age.
- A Youth Release Form must be signed for all youth ages 1–17 years old by a parent. Please sign ahead of time or plan to sign onsite.
- In the event that a youth or teen is accompanied by an acting guardian, parents must sign and have notarized an Acting Guardian Authorization Form. Please print, complete, and have the acting guardian bring this form with them to Solstice.
- Youth 17 years of age and under without a parent or guardian will not be allowed entrance into camp and parents will be called to pick the child up.