Celebrate with us!
Come and join us for a heartwarming celebration of the 2023 Winter Solstice, hosted by 3HO. We can’t wait to connect with you and gather as a vibrant community to honor the end of the year and rejoice in the rebirth of a brand new chapter. This incredible event is all about embracing joy, transformation, and the deepening of our spiritual journey. Get ready for a delightful experience with uplifting music, captivating workshops, and Kundalini Yoga, White Tantric Yoga® and deep meditation sessions. The best part? Surround yourself with sangat/community and like-minded souls who share your passion for holistic well-being. Let’s come together, create a space filled with harmony, and set our intentions for the year ahead while welcoming the return of light. Save the date and get ready to be enchanted at the 2023 Winter Solstice Festival by 3HO in beautiful Florida!
December 16 - 22, 2023
An intimate gathering to rebirth our in-person events, and an invitation to be in community
We will gather in person for an intimate Winter Solstice Festival in Florida this year. You’re invited to the shore of the magnificent Tiger Lake, to build from the heart-up what is better and stronger than ever before. Our new event site is JUST down the road from the Circle F Dude Ranch and located on a beautiful lake, with a pool and permanent structures for teaching, lots of cabins for you and of course tenting for those who wish to camp!
The highlight of the Winter Solstice program – 3 days of White Tantric Yoga® once again!
We’ll have an opening and closing ceremony, morning Sadhana, regularly scheduled classes and workshops, chanting, and evening gong.
This is a precious time for our global community. We welcome you to share in the many wonderful teachings of Yogi Bhajan which we love so deeply.
The Basic Details
What It Is:
A 6-day Winter Solstice Festival to reignite the flame of the communal heart. We are thrilled to reintroduce 3HO’s in-person Winter Solstice. This event, along with Summer Solstice, are the heart of our work and a chance to gather in a loving community. Solstice this December will be a return of the old, a birth of the new, and a joyous celebration of connection, sangat, and Winter Solstice bliss.
When It Is:
December 16-22, 2023
Where It Is:
This year’s Winter Solstice will be hosted in the beautiful campgrounds at Retreats by the Lake – At Camp La Llanada in Lake Wales, Florida – 90 minutes from Tampa and Orlando and 3 hours from Miami. There is a pool and a lake for swimming and kayaking, we can’t wait to celebrate the season with you again.
This is our chance to reconnect in a familiar landscape! 3HO has hosted Winter Solstice in beautiful Florida for many years and we’d like to return there and see you again under the gorgeous oak trees and by the lake and pool!
Winter Solstice has always been a cozy gathering and we look forward to the chance to reconnect and hold one another in peace, joy, and connection. 3HO International is dedicated to continuing our bi annual Solstice gatherings.
Please check out the Rates page for pricing and options.
Accommodation options at the Retreats By The Lake include: lodges, cabins and campsites for your own tent camping. More info on the Travel/Stay page.
Retreats By The Lake – At Camp La Llanada is approximately 90 minutes from Tampa and Orlando and 3 hours from Miami. The camp is situated on the shores of the beautiful Tiger Lake. Check out the Travel/Stay page for more details!
Come Home to Yourself at Retreats by the Lake
Retreats by the Lake is situated next to Tiger Lake. The property has an internal lagoon, perfect for boating, kayaking, rowing, among others. You’ll enjoy delicious and nourishing vegetarian meals in their spacious dining room or on the outdoor decks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Government issued Photo ID (passport, driver’s license, etc), is needed to check in at the event.
- Your Confirmation Email (presenting this on your phone is best)
- Layered clothing appropriate for yoga practice, karma yoga, and playing is necessary for this chilly Florida weather in the winter.
- Hooded windbreaker
- Hat for sun and gloves
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Rain gear
- Warm Sleeping bag and or bedding/pillow
- Scarf or Headcover if attending Gurdwara or White Tantric Yoga®
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- Sheepskin or yoga mat
- Warm blanket or shawl, and/or coat for morning sadhana
- Toiletries (including sunscreen, lip balm, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.) and towels, these items are not for sale on-site
- Daypack to hold the things you will want to have with you over the course of each day. Please remember to keep valuables with you at all times, 3HO is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Flashlight with spare batteries
- White cotton clothing and white cotton head covering for White Tantric Yoga®, if attending
- Cup or travel mug (for hot and cold beverages), and cloth napkins. *This year we are using compostable cups/bowls for food serving
- Water bottle
- First Aid supplies (band-aids, tweezers, aspirin/ibuprofen/acetaminophen, etc.)
- Feminine product supplies
- For those tenting, please bring a waterproof tent with a rain flap. Although rain is not common it does happen and when it does it can be torrential
Please label your luggage with the following information: name, phone number, email and home address.
- Please refrain from wearing fragrances and scented products so that all may enjoy their stay.
- Please do not bring pets of any kind, including pets in your vehicle, unless you have a registered service animal.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs.
- No guns! This is a peaceful yoga camp and we do provide 24 hour security from the local sheriffs department. Any person participating in hate language, disruptive behavior or carrying a gun will be asked to leave this private event.
- Candles, incense, or any fire hazards/flames. Smoking is in designated areas only.
- Meat or meat products as this is a vegetarian camp.
After the years of the pandemic and not having winter solstice, we are happy that once again we will be hosting 3 days of White Tantric Yoga® at Wiinter Solstice!
Health and Safety
After consultation on best practices for health and safety in these times of continuing impact of COVID-19, 3HO has implemented the following protocols:
- Solstice is open to registered day and overnight guests only. Registration is required prior to your arrival at the retreat site. Currently, we are unable to accommodate walk-in guests.
- Vaccination is not required, but check your countries requirements if you are traveling into the US from another country.
- Staff are trained on best practices to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 and other transmittable diseases.
- Retreats by the Lake uses cleaning products that meet EPA guidelines and are effective against viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens. Common areas are frequently cleaned and sanitized. Guest Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to guest arrival.
- 3HO International will have COVID-19 test kits available on-site for self testing. If you are feeling ill and test positive during the event, we will ask you to depart the site. For this reason, you may want to consider purchasing trip insurance. If there is an outbreak during the event, 3HO may implement a mask policy to prevent further spread. If this happens, masks will be provided. This is to protect vulnerable community members and elders.
Retreats by the Lake permits service animals to accompany people with disabilities in all areas where members of the public are allowed to go. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered.