Solstice attendees are welcome to arrive at the site starting on Saturday, December 16th at 1:00 pm. Classes begin Saturday afternoon and the first meal will be Saturday evening. Registration and check-in for badge pick-up will open at 1:00 pm and close at 8:00 pm.
- If you are camping, please plan to arrive on site before 6 pm in order to have sufficient time to check-in/register and set up your tent.
- If you are staying in a cabin you must arrive prior to 7 pm so that you can check in at Registration which closes at 8 p.m.
- If you arrive at the airport after 7:30 pm, you will need to spend the night off-site and make arrangements for transportation to the site in the morning.
- If you arrive in Florida before the scheduled arrival day you will need to make arrangements to stay off-site until camp opens at 1 pm on December 16.
- On December 16, join us for an all-camp class at 3pm: a traditional Kundalini Yoga & Meditation plus a gong layout to help you recover from traveling. Dinner will be served followed by an evening concert and welcome ceremony.
Camp attendees are welcome to arrive at the event site after 1 pm on December 16. You will need to bring your event ticket; this is your registration receipt that contains a barcode to be scanned at the Front Gate before entry. All participants must then stop at Registration to check-in pick up your badge, and obtain event information.
IMPORTANT FOR LATE ARRIVALS:
If there is any possibility you might arrive onsite after 8 pm, you will need to notify us at least 24 hours in advance via email ([email protected]) or text (+1-505-629-0267) so that we can leave your name with gate security. You will need to present your ticket to gate security with a valid form of picture I.D. There might not be cell service at the gate, so prepare accordingly with a screenshot or printout of your ticket. Be prepared to sleep in your vehicle or the Sadhana Shelter. In light of everything going on in the world, we are taking extra precautions in order to make sure our event is as safe as possible. We suggest you have your sleeping bag, mat and/or sheepskin, and toiletry items accessible to easily bring to the Sadhana Shelter with you. Registration/Check-In will open at 9 am.
Important dates to remember when making your travel arrangements:
Arrival: December 16
Participants arrive starting at 1pm
December 16, 17, 18
Classes, workshops & kirtan concerts
December 19, 20, 21
White Tantric Yoga®
December 19, 20, 21
Healing Past Relationships course
Camp closes at 1 p.m.
Departure: December 22
All participants must depart by 1pm. Please leave enough time to gather & pack your belongings prior to 1 p.m.
Click here for a map to Camp La Llanada, the Solstice site, from Orlando, FL.
Click here for directions from Miami airport to Camp La Llanada.
Click here for directions from Lake Wales, FL to Camp La Llanada.
The Solstice Rideshare and Room Share page is a resource where you can coordinate travel plans with others who plan to attend the event.
If you’re looking for Doug French and the Yogi Mobile, you can find him on the rideshare page or by emailing him: [email protected]
Note: The Solstice Rideshare and Room Share page is not moderated by 3HO.
General Transportation Information:
The 3HO Winter Solstice Festival is located in Lake Wales, Florida. Due to the higher costs of airport shuttles to the site, 3HO will not be providing shuttle options to purchase this year.
However, we have coordinated with Doug French and the Yogi Mobile to offer transportation options from the Orlando International Airport to Lake Wales. 3HO is not affiliated with Doug, but we appreciate him providing this service to everyone.
For more information, prices, and reservations: Doug French/Yogi Mobile [email protected]
Please note: If you are flying to an airport other than Orlando International, Doug French and the Yogi Mobile may still be able to accommodate you; reach out to him for quotes for private/on demand transportation.
When doing research for lower cost options than a 3HO contracted airport shuttle, LYFT/UBER/TAXI was also a standout option, especially if traveling with more than 1 person.
If you arrive in Florida before the scheduled arrival day, you will need to make arrangements to either stay in a hotel or somewhere else offsite. Please do not arrive at the Solstice site before the scheduled arrival day unless you are on a service team and are arriving at your agreed-upon time.
Flying: Choose Orlando International Airport (MCO) as your destination. If your flight arrives at the airport later than 5:30 pm, please see the note regarding Late Arrivals at the top of this webpage.
Airport Hotel: If you arrive in Orlando (Airport Code: MCO) late at night and there are no transportation options available, you can opt to stay at a hotel near the airport and arrange ground transportation for the following day.
3HO International does not endorse transportation providers nor are we affiliated with these companies.
Tenting: Camping keeps us connected to the Earth and to the Solstice energy. Most attendees bring their own tents and camping gear. Please set up your tent in the designated tenting areas. There is no additional charge for tenting.
Cabins: Top bunk, lower bunk, red bunk, blue bunk… Bunks are available for reservation on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, 3HO reserves several bottom bunks for seniors (70+) , those with limited mobility, or disabled attendees who could not otherwise attend. Please register early to reserve these spaces if you cannot use a top buck. If you need a lower bunk and all the available spots are chosen, please email [email protected] for a reserved spot. The reserved spots require a code from 3HO to register. If you can use a top bunk, please choose this option! 3HO reserves the right to re-assign able-bodied people to higher bunks if needed.
There are a total of 16 cabins on site. The cabins are all simple, summer camp style accommodations.
- Each cabin has 6 bunk beds for a total of 12 sleeping spaces. The bunk beds have covered mattresses. Please bring your own bedding.
- Each cabin has a shower, toilet, sink, and hot and cold running water. Please bring your own towels.
- Please bring blankets/sleeping bags for warmth as winter temperatures can be as low as 30 degrees.
You may purchase cabin spaces when you register for Winter Solstice on-line. Please be aware that cabin spaces are limited, we have 92 bed spaces for women, 44 bed spaces for men, 12 co-ed bed spaces, 6 bunk beds for couples, and 12 bunk beds for families. So register early if you really can’t tent. You will receive an email confirmation for your cabin space(s) with your registration confirmation for the Winter Solstice Event. There are two extra cabins reserved for area managers.
- General Lodges: For attendees who are comfortable with activity and noise up until 10 pm and as early as 3 am. Choose from Women’s, Men’s, or Co-ed. $280/bunk space
- Sadhana Cabins: Early to bed, early to rise, expect an active cabin starting at 3 am and lights out and quiet by 9 pm (an hour earlier than all camp). Choose from Women’s or Men’s. $280/bunk space
*Please take conversations outside of the cabin in case anyone is resting, napping, or sleeping. *The general atmosphere is quiet, quiet, quiet. *If you want to go to Sadhana but like to stay up late, then please register for a General Cabin Space.
- Couples Lodge: Co-ed lodge for couples without children. $520/whole bunk bed (special couples rate)
- Family Cabins: For families with children under 18. $490/whole bunk bed (special family rate)
Families would register for the entire bunk bed (top and bottom) in a special family cabin. Only one person in the family would purchase. It is up to you how you use the bunk bed. You can have 2 children (no more than 2) in a lower bunk if they’ll fit, or if you have a young one you sleep with, you can do so and have another child or the other parent on the top bunk. If you are a single parent and sleep with your child, you can use the upper bunk for your luggage and other personal items and sleep in the bottom bunk. You can bring a spread and put it over the top bunk and have a curtain for privacy over the bottom bunk. Please refrain from moving the bunks in the cabins.
Cabins are labeled as follows:
Men, Co-Ed, Couples, Families
Cabin Captains: If you have worked in management, as a mediator, psychologist, or any field where resolving emotional issues is part of the skill set, then we need you as a Cabin Captain. You must also feel comfortable being directive in establishing cabin routines and responsibilities when necessary. This is not a position of authority but one of guidance and we need individuals with a firm but soft touch. A cabin captain is required to be attending the entire event. If you feel you would serve well in this area please reach out to Customer Service: [email protected]. Cabin Captain Rate: $190 ($90 discount)
RVs: There are designated areas for RVs and Tent Trailers: no parking by cabins. There is no power available for RVs. There is an additional fee of $314 for RV’s over 24 feet and $214 for RV’s under 24 feet if you bring an RV. For local RV trailer rentals, please see: FloridaCamperRental.com. There is an RV park just down the road from La Llanada but it is driving distance to our campsite so you would need another vehicle to get to camp daily.
If you’re traveling from a foreign country and will need an invitation letter to apply for a visa, please fill out our electronic Visa Invitation Letter Request Form.
- After we’ve received the form we will have the Invitation Letter notarized for your embassy and then emailed to you.
- Please check with your consulate to see whether an emailed letter is acceptable.
- If, after checking with your consulate, a mailed letter is absolutely necessary, please contact [email protected] for further instructions.