Health and Healing Tips:
- Substitute lemon for salt
- Build muscle: Basmati Rice
- Detox with green chiles: They won’t allow any poisons to build up in the intestines. It is the woman’s food.
- Digestive aid: Eat an apple at the end of your meal
- Meditation aid and improving memory: Two bananas a day with lemon juice are considered “the friend of a woman.”
- P-fruits in general are good for a woman, especially: peaches, plums, papaya, pears, persimmons, prunes
- When in season, eat these foods as much as possible: apricots, guavas, orange juice, ripe figs, pomegranate juice, green bananas and apples
- For the glandular system, The Turnip Diet: Steam white turnips, mash them and add almond oil, turmeric, lemon and pepper. Must be a monodiet. You may also use the turnip greens.
- Problems with hypothyroid: Eat Dates
- Internal cosmetic: Turmeric is most healing
- Liver cleansing: Beets steamed whole and then peeled. Can be eaten with a little yogurt and one glass of orange juice in the morning.
- Nerves: Celery juice
- Overeating: Liquid Fast (not too long—be mindful of the hormonal balance)
- Stomach and intestinal tract cleanser: Finely chopped orange peel, sauteed in olive oil, mixed with turmeric paste (cooked in water)
- Tonifier: Queen bee honey
- Water retention (bloating): Cucumber juice and lemons.
[Nothing in this text should be construed as medical advice. Always check with your personal physician or licensed health care practitioner before making any significant modification in your diet, and before using any of these recipes, to insure that the recipes and ingredients are appropriate for your personal health condition and consistent with any medication you may be taking. Many of these tips and tools come from ancient yogic tradition. Potent herbs, botanicals and naturally occurring ingredients have traditionally been used to support the structure and function of the human body.]
©I Am a Woman, available through KRI.