Guru Ram Das Puri is located in the Jemez Mountains west of the town of Española, New Mexico. Its scenic and remote location requires coordination between multiple forms of transportation and, therefore, some pre-planning. When you arrive on site, please check in with our welcome team, who will be there to assist you with transporting your luggage to Shakti Valley. Whether you arrive by car, shuttle, bus, or train, this healing and vibrant venue will touch your soul.
The sacred land of Guru Ram Das Puri
FlyingMost people traveling to the Guru Ram Das Puri campsite for IWC fly to New Mexico and take a shuttle (see below) from the airport to the campsite. If you are taking a shuttle, please make your reservation ahead of time and arrive at least thirty minutes before your shuttle departs. The largest airport in the vicinity is the Albuquerque International Sunport in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This major airport is a 1½-hour drive to the town of Española, and a 2 hour drive from the campsite. (Airport Code: ABQ) Note: Please allow 2½ - 3 hours to drive from the Guru Ram Das Puri IWC campsite to the airport in Albuquerque. Please keep this in mind when you are booking your return flight. There is also a smaller municipal airport located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, which is about a 45 minute drive from Española and a 1hour and 15 minute drive from the campsite. (Airport code: SAF) Note: Please allow 2.5 hours to drive from the Guru Ram Das Puri IWC campsite to the Santa Fe Municipal Airport. Please keep this in mind when you are booking your return flight.
Airport ShuttleGuru Ram Das Puri is 8 miles from the nearest town and has no direct regular bus or shuttle service. Below are the shuttle services available. Roadrunner Shuttle: 505.424.3367 Rates and Details:
- $50 one way and $90 round trip with a minimum of 5 people. - If fewer than 5 passengers, the rate is $225 for the van.
- 48 hours advance notice for all reservations.
- Payment is by cash or check. No credit cards are accepted.
- Passengers arriving at the ABQ Airport should expect the shuttle to depart approximately 45 minutes after arrival.
- Meet the driver inside the bag claim area across from Carousel #3 at the Roadrunner booth.
- Price: $50 one-way or $85 round trip.
- Please call for reservations, rates may vary
RailTraveling by train can be cheap and convenient. Amtrak stops in Albuquerque. From there, separate transportation to Guru Ram Das Puri will need to be arranged. The New Mexico high speed train, the Railrunner Amtrak, now has an inexpensive, limited daily schedule which connects the ABQ airport, ABQ Amtrak, and downtown Albuquerque with downtown Santa Fe. There is a bus from the Santa Fe station with service to Española. This service does NOT go all the way up the hill to Guru Ram Das Puri.
BusGreyhound stops in three cities in the area: Albuquerque (2.5 hours from site), Santa Fe (1 hour from site), or Taos (1.25 hours from site). From there, separate transportation to Guru Ram Das Puri will need to be arranged.
CarIf you live close enough to drive, we recommend carpooling with other women in your community. Española is about 90 miles north of Albuquerque. Normally the road from Española to Guru Ram Das Puri is suitable for passenger cars but, in the case of wet weather, four-wheel drive may be necessary.
- You can use Google Maps to acquire a map of Española, New Mexico.
- PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY as the road from Española to the campsite is mostly unpaved. Look for the 3HO signs located along the road as you drive. The Guru Ram Das Puri campsite is eight miles up this road, on the right hand side.
- For detailed information on the road to Guru Ram Das Puri click here.
Driving Directions:From Albuquerque:
- Take I-25 North towards Santa Fe.
- Upon entering Santa Fe city limits, take St. Francis Drive/Highway 285 Exit. Drive through Santa Fe on Hwy 285/84 towards Española (approximately 25 miles).
- In the town of Española, Hwy 285/84 turns into Riverside Drive. Follow Riverside Drive until you come to Fairview Road (there is a Bank of America on your left and Walgreens on your right). Turn left onto Fairview. The next stoplight (across the bridge) is Paseo de Onate.
- Go through the light at Paseo de Onate where Fairview Road changes its name to Industrial Park Road.
- Make your first right on Calle de la Merced. This will become a dirt road. Continue on this road for approximately 8 miles. Guru Ram Das Puri will be on your right.