You may begin arriving at camp Monday, June 29th. Registration is from 8:00am to noon. Leave yourself time to set-up your tent. The program starts with lunch at 12:30pm. If you are attending Solstice, please either tent in Shakti Valley during Solstice or move your tent to Shakti Valley by noon on Saturday, June 27th.
You may depart anytime Sunday morning until 12pm when camp closes. Sadhana and Gurdwara happen as usual, from 4:00 am– 7:00 pm on Sunday, July 5th. Breakfast will be served after morning Gurdwara.
Most people traveling to the Guru Ram Das Puri campsite fly to New Mexico and take a shuttle (see below) from the airport to the campsite. If you are taking a shuttle, please make your reservation ahead of time and arrive at least thirty minutes before your shuttle departs. The largest airport in the vicinity is the Albuquerque International Sunport in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This major airport is a 1½-hour drive to the town of Española, and a 2-hour drive from the campsite. (Airport Code: ABQ)
Note: Please allow 2½ - 3 hours to drive from the Guru Ram Das Puri campsite to the airport in Albuquerque. Please keep this in mind when you are booking your return flight.
There is also a smaller municipal airport located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, which is about a 45-minute drive from Española and 1 hour & 15 minutes from the campsite. (Airport code: SAF)
Note: Please allow 2.5 hours to drive from the Guru Ram Das Puri campsite to the Santa Fe Municipal Airport. Please keep this in mind when you are booking your return flight.
Guru Ram Das Puri is 8 miles from the nearest town and has no direct regular bus or shuttle service. Below are the shuttle services available.
The following independent shuttle services are available to transport you between the Albuquerque airport and the Guru Ram Das Puri campsite:
White Buffalo Specialty Shuttle Service
3HO Foundation does not endorse transportation providers nor are we affiliated with these companies.
The Inexpensive Public Transportation Option
For those seeking an option costing less than $10 and who do not mind an extended travel time, there is a way to get from the Albuquerque airport to the New Mexico Motor Vehicle building at the base of the dirt road to Ram Das Puri. Note: you should only choose this option if you can arrange transportation from the base of the dirt road to Guru Ram Das Puri.
- Click Here to use Google's public transportation tool.
- Be sure to enter accurate times that coincide with your flight arrival.
- Review the time it will take you to reach New Mexico Motor Vehicle, it can sometimes take quite long (5+ hours).
Traveling by train can be cheap and convenient. Amtrak stops in Albuquerque. From there, separate transportation to Guru Ram Das Puri will need to be arranged.
Greyhound stops in three cities in the area: Albuquerque (2.5 hours from site), Santa Fe (1 hour from site), or Taos (1.25 hours from site). From there, separate transportation to Guru Ram Das Puri will need to be arranged.
- Click here for a map to Guru Ram Das Puri, the Solstice site, from Santa Fe, NM.
- Click here for directions from the Albuquerque airport.
- The final 8 mile approach to Guru Ram Das Puri is a dirt, forest service road labeled 31 Mile Road on most maps. The safe speed limit on 31 Mile Road is 20 mph. The road is used regularly by large trucks and may be patrolled by law enforcement officers who will give tickets for speeding. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY on this portion of your trip.
Driving directions from Albuquerque:
- Take I-25 North towards Santa Fe, approximately 55 miles.
- In Santa Fe, take Exit 282B, signed for St. Francis Drive and Hwy 285/84.
- Drive north through Santa Fe, following signs for Hwy 285/84
- Continue north on Hwy 285/84 to Española, approximately 25 miles.
- In the town of Española, Hwy 285/84 turns into Riverside Drive.
- Follow Riverside Drive until you come to Fairview Drive (there is a CVS Pharmacy on the left).
- Turn left onto Fairview and follow it across the bridge to the first signal, at Paseo de Oñate.
- Go straight through the intersection, Fairview becomes Industrial Park Rd. Heading up the hill, take the first right onto Calle de la Merced.
- Follow the road as it veers to the west and becomes a gravel road.
- Follow this road up the mountain for approximately 8 miles.
- The turn-in to Guru Ram Das Puri is clearly marked on your right.
- PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY as the road from Española to the site is unpaved, with some dangerous curves.
- Park your car in the lot and head to the registration area to check in. No cars allowed past the parking lot without special permission.