3HO Foundation International’s Solstice Sadhana Celebrations wouldn’t happen without Service Exchange participants. We are a community event, by the people, and for the people. The success of the event depends on each person's dedication and commitment to doing seva (selfless service).
If you decide to become a Service Exchange member, this will be the defining, predominant experience of your Solstice.
One of the most exciting rewards of Solstice is the opportunity to co-create the event through daily participation at every level. Our interdependence as a Community creates a sense of intimacy that adds depth and meaning to everything we do at Solstice.
Your Commitment to Solstice
- As a Solstice Service Exchange Team member your principal commitment is to make your service area successful. As a member of the team, you will serve a minimum of 6 hours a day in your service area in addition to the daily all camp Karma Yoga meetings.
- Some areas serve more than others. Contact team managers for details about serving their area.
- Arrival, departure, and service dates vary depending on the service area. You must be available for the entire duration of the service dates.
- Details for specific areas.
- If you arrive late, miss shifts, or depart early you will be charged an additional $54/day.
Service Exchange Team Members are expected on-site by 6:00pm the day before their service starts in order to acclimate, and have ample time to set up their personal tents before it gets dark.
3HO’s Commitment to You
3HO supports you in a rewarding service experience and facilitates your participation in the Solstice program with:
- 1-2 workshops per day
- 2–3 days of White Tantric Yoga®
- $175 and $300 reduced registration rates ($200 and $325 after 11/30)
If you choose this powerful opportunity for spiritual growth, you will become an indispensable part of the backbone for this extraordinary event.
Registration and What to Expect
If you are accepted onto a Service Exchange Team, you will receive an acceptance email from your Manager will all the details about how to register, when, and what to bring and expect.
Parents Traveling with Children
If you are planning on attending Solstice with a young child or young childen and will be thier sole parent or guardian, please only apply to the Solstice Youth Camp Co-op (SYCC). The youth program is not a daycare service, It is a parent cooperative and without your participation we would notbe able to offer the service.
You may not serve on teams other than SYCC unless you've brought a caregiver to Solstice or are attending with a co-parent or guardian (18+) who will provide care for your child. If you are able to serve in another area of camp you may still be obligated to serve SYCC for one day. When applying to serve in other areas of camp, please let the area manager know you’ll be traveling with children and will have to serve one day with the Solstice Youth Camp.