Karma Yoga is mandatory for all Solstice participants. You will sign up for Karma Yoga when you register. Your seva is deeply appreciated by all and is a powerful part of the Winter Solstice experience.
Karma Yoga Opportunities Include:
Sound and Video Team
- Sound and Video team for all of camp's teaching spaces, Sadhana and White Tantric Yoga.
- Manage landfill bin as well as recycling and composting efforts.
- General maintenance, soap and hand sanitizer team, restocking toilet paper, bathroom cleaning, etc.
- Maintaining the Gurdwara on camp. Approval needed to be on this team.
- Running the hospitality tent on camp. Offering answers to attendee’s questions and providing a calm, welcoming space. Approval needed to be on this team.
-Prepare and distribute electrolytes and water around camp.
-Bean Sprouts-Maintain and grow fresh bean sprouts for camp.
-Breakfast Soup-Prepare breakfast soup in the early morning.
-Children’s Food- Prepare and serve food for Solstice Youth Camp.
-Cleanup- It is a vital team to maintain a clean kitchen that serves thousands of campers.
-Dinner Prep and Soup Starters- Prep dinner and start soup for following day.
-Lunch- Prepare lunch for camp during non-tantric days
-Outdoor Dishwashing- Maintaining the outdoor dish washing system.
-Rice and Beans-Prepping the solstice diet dinner food for camp.
-Salad Prep- Prep salad for non-tantric days
-Veggie Chopping-Wash and chop veggies.
-The KYSS team provides support to karma yogi's and educates campers about the karma yoga system.
-Transport and organize luggage for campers.
- Serving meals to all of camp
-Assist with needs for teachers and programming crew.
Family Reg-Assist in the registration tent with checking in families as they arrive at camp.
IT Reg-Should have strong technology background to assist the registration team as needed.
-This vital team helps keep camp secure and safe.
- Assist in maintaining the SSS Cabin.
-Prepare burgers in the early morning and serve tantric burgers on tantric days.
- Assist campers with setting up their tents.
- Assist with translating classes and announcements around camp (mainly Spanish & Chinese are needed).
Yogi Tea/ Golden Milk
-Brew and serve Yogi Tea and Golden Milk.
Solstice Youth Co-op
If you are a parent or guardian, your Karma Yoga will be to serve one Tantric day and 1/2 of a Non-Tantric Day in the area your child is participating in during the six days of SYC.
- Baby Camp (0-2)
- Toddler Camp (3 & 4)
- Children’s Camp (5-7)
- Youth Camp (8-11)
- Teen Camp (12-17)