Solstice attendees are welcome to arrive at Guru Ram Das Puri starting on Friday, June 14th at 1:00 pm. Registration and check-in for badge pick-up will open at 1:00 p.m. and close at 8:00 p.m.
IMPORTANT FOR LATE ARRIVALS:
If there is any possibility you might arrive onsite after 8 p.m., you will need to notify us at least 24 hours in advance via email ([email protected]) or text (+1-505-629-0267) so that we can leave your name with gate security. You will need to present your ticket to gate security with a valid form of picture I.D. There is no cell service at the gate, so prepare accordingly with a screenshot or printout of your ticket. In light of everything going on in the world, we are taking extra precautions in order to make sure our event is as safe as possible.
The Summer Solstice Rideshare and Roomshare page is a resource where you can coordinate travel plans with others who plan to attend the event.
If you’re looking for Doug and the Yogi Mobile, you can find him on the ride share page.
Note: The Summer Solstice Rideshare and Roomshare page is not moderated by 3HO.
Click here for a map to Guru Ram Das Puri, the Solstice site, from Santa Fe, NM.
Click here for directions from the Albuquerque airport.
The final 8 mile approach to Guru Ram Das Puri is a dirt, forest service road labeled 31 Mile Road on most maps. The safe speed limit on 31 Mile Road is 20 mph. The road is used regularly by large trucks and may be patrolled by law enforcement officers who will give tickets for speeding. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY on this portion of your trip.
Driving Directions from Albuquerque:
- Take I-25 North towards Santa Fe.
- Upon entering Santa Fe city limits, take St. Francis Drive/Highway 285 Exit. Drive through Santa Fe on Hwy 285/84 towards Española (approximately 25 miles).
- There are two options:
- Prior to reaching Santa Fe you will see a sign on the right for Rt. 599, this will by-pass the city; go approximately 15 miles and then the road forks and you will see a sign that directs you to go straight for Espanola, or to the right for Santa Fe. Follow direction to Espanola and this will bring you onto 285/84. OR
- In the town of Española, Hwy 285/84 turns into Riverside Drive. Follow Riverside Drive until you come to Fairview Road (there is a Bank of America on your left and Walgreens on your right). Turn left onto Fairview. The next stoplight (across the bridge) is Paseo de Onate.
- Go through the light at Paseo de Onate where Fairview Road changes its name to Industrial Park Road.
- Make your first right on Calle de la Merced. This will become a dirt road. Continue on this road for approximately 8 miles. Guru Ram Das Puri will be on your right.
General Transportation Information:
The 3HO Summer Solstice Festival is located in Española, New Mexico. There is one independent shuttle service available to drive you from the Albuquerque International Sunport (airport) to Santa Fe.
Please note: If you arrive in New Mexico before the scheduled arrival day or miss the last shuttle departure time from the airport, you will need to make arrangements to either stay in a hotel, or find alternative means of transportation. Please do not arrive at Guru Ram Das Puri before the scheduled arrival day unless you are on a service team and are arriving at your agreed upon time. Please read the specific information that follows regarding how to schedule your itinerary and arrange for transportation assistance to the site.
Flying: Most people traveling to the Guru Ram Das Puri campsite for Summer Solstice fly to Albuquerque, New Mexico, and take a shuttle to Santa Fe and a Lyft/Uber to the site. Some people also use Doug French/The Yogi Mobile (info above in Rideshare section). The largest airport in the vicinity is the Albuquerque International Sunport in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This major airport is a 1½-hour drive to the town of Española, and another 1/2 hour drive to the campsite. (Airport Code: ABQ) There is also a smaller municipal airport located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, which is about a 45 minute drive from Española and another 1/2 hour drive from the campsite. (Airport code: SAF).
Airport Hotel: If you arrive to Albuquerque (Airport Code: ABQ) late at night and there are no shuttle options available, you can stay at a hotel near the airport and arrange ground transportation for the following day.
Shuttles from the Airport: Contact Groome Transportation. Click here for shuttle reservation. This shuttle is from Albuquerque to Santa Fe. From Santa Fe you will need to take a Lyft/Uber OR find a ride with a friend. Check the Solstice Sadhana Rideshare & Roomshare Facebook group. Note: The Summer Solstice Rideshare and Roomshare page is not moderated by 3HO.
3HO International does not endorse transportation providers nor are we affiliated with these companies.
Public Transportation: The State of New Mexico does provide some public transportation services (train, bus) for a very low rate. However, they typically take additional time than the private options or Bus and they do arrive in Espanola and do not take you all the way to the site. You would need to find a friend or rideshare for the remaining 20 minute trip up the hill to the site. Public transport options are available online if you google public transportation from Albuquerque to Espanola or Santa Fe to Espanola, depending on which airport you are flying into.
Camping upon the beautiful land of Guru Ram Das Puri keeps us connected to the Earth and to the Solstice energy. Most attendees bring their own tents and camping gear. Please set up your tent in the designated tenting areas. There is no additional charge for tenting. There are three main tenting areas.
Tantric Hill: This is our largest tenting area, is the closest to the tantric shelter, and has a shower facility. It is on a hill and is open and exposed to wind and dust, so please make sure to stake down your tent properly. Tantric Hill is the most convenient area for attending morning Sadhana. It is also the farthest away from the camp generators, so it is generally quiet at night. There is a designated area for seniors camping near the Tantric Shelter.
Shakti Valley: The valley is the quietest tenting area and has a shower facility. It is also somewhat protected from wind and dust. Camping here means you have to walk up a hill to get to the main camp area and the Tantric Shelter.
Water Tower: This area is traditionally a family tenting area has a shower facility. This is the area where, traditionally, children and their families would camp so this area can be noisy. Water Tower area is conveniently located close to camp. It is a short walk down hill to attend classes and morning Sadhana. Although also on a hill, this area tends to be somewhat sheltered from wind.
Rent a Tent:
If you don’t want to bring your own tent, the fee to rent one cot in a large, two-person canvas tent is $238. You may also pay for a whole, private tent for $476.
- Note: Tent rental locations will be assigned by our setup team onsite. You will not be able to choose where your rental tent is located.
- There are two cots (no mattresses) per tent with space for luggage, etc. Only two people to a tent unless you are a family.
- Each tent will be set up prior to your arrival.
- Reserve the cot when you register online for the event.
- Shower and toilet facilities are nearby.
All cabins have basic, shared sleeping accommodations that include a cot or mattress. All cabins do not have electricity, air conditioning, running water, or bathrooms. Bathroom and shower facilities are nearby. Please bring your own bedding. This option is $268 per cot/bunk space.
Morgan Cabins: In an effort to accommodate those that could otherwise not attend, Morgan cabins will be available to seniors, and those with disabilities ONLY until June 1st. There are 4 cots available per cabin and there are 4 cabins. They are located approximately 2/10 of a mile from Tantric Shelter.
Adobe Cabins: Each cabin room has 4 bunk beds (8 bunks) and there are 4 cabins. Approximately, 3/10 mile from the center of camp.
Available only for seniors, individuals with disabilities, and special needs circumstances.
Vehicle 24 ft. and Over: $314
Vehicle Under 24 ft.: $214
- 19 spaces available.
- Registered RV / 5th Wheel parking spot recipients will be issued a parking permit when checking-in at Registration Trailer.
- Only registered RVs / 5th Wheels will be allowed to park at Guru Ram Das Puri.
- Please be advised that there are no water or electric hookups.
- No generators are allowed to run between 10:00 p.m. and 3:45 a.m.
- If your vehicle is a van or truck-bed camper that fits in a standard size parking spot, you may park in the parking area at no additional cost.
If you are unable to tent due to health or other reasons, there are some hotels in Española about 25 minutes from Guru Ram Das Puri. Visit the Española Online website for more information about hotel accommodations.
Travelers from outside the U.S. who register for the International rate must give an international address upon registration and show proof of international travel for this event such as their round trip airline ticket (or stamped passport from another country) to obtain discount. Tickets must be within 3 weeks prior to or after event.
If you’re traveling from a foreign country and will need an invitation letter to apply for a visa, please fill out our electronic Visa Invitation Letter Request Form.
- After we’ve received the form we will have the Invitation Letter notarized for your embassy and then emailed to you.
- Please check with your consulate to see whether an emailed letter is acceptable.
- If, after checking with your consulate, a mailed letter is absolutely necessary, please contact [email protected] for further instructions.