Solstice attendees are welcome to arrive at Guru Ram Das Puri starting on Thursday, June 15th at 1:00 pm. Registration and check-in for badge pick-up will open at 1:00 pm.
The Summer Solstice Rideshare and Roomshare page is a resource where you can coordinate travel plans with others who plan to attend the event.
If you’re looking for Doug and the Yogi Mobile, you can find him on the ride share page.
Note: The Summer Solstice Rideshare and Roomshare page is not moderated by 3HO.
Click here for a map to Guru Ram Das Puri, the Solstice site, from Santa Fe, NM.
Click here for directions from the Albuquerque airport.
You can also use MapQuest or Google Maps to map your own driving directions to Española, New Mexico.
The final 8 mile approach to Guru Ram Das Puri is a dirt, forest service road labeled 31 Mile Road on most maps. The safe speed limit on 31 Mile Road is 20 mph. The road is used regularly by large trucks and may be patrolled by law enforcement officers who will give tickets for speeding. PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY on this portion of your trip.
Driving Directions from Albuquerque:
- Take I-25 North towards Santa Fe.
- Upon entering Santa Fe city limits, take St. Francis Drive/Highway 285 Exit. Drive through Santa Fe on Hwy 285/84 towards Española (approximately 25 miles).
- There are two options:
- Prior to reaching Santa Fe you will see a sign on the right for Rt. 599, this will by-pass the city; go approximately 15 miles and then the road forks and you will see a sign that directs you to go straight for Espanola, or to the right for Santa Fe. Follow direction to Espanola and this will bring you onto 285/84. OR
- In the town of Española, Hwy 285/84 turns into Riverside Drive. Follow Riverside Drive until you come to Fairview Road (there is a Bank of America on your left and Walgreens on your right). Turn left onto Fairview. The next stoplight (across the bridge) is Paseo de Onate.
- Go through the light at Paseo de Onate where Fairview Road changes its name to Industrial Park Road.
- Make your first right on Calle de la Merced. This will become a dirt road. Continue on this road for approximately 8 miles. Guru Ram Das Puri will be on your right.
General Transportation Information: The 3HO Summer Solstice Festival is located in Española, New Mexico. There are independent shuttle services available to drive you from the Albuquerque International Sunport (airport) to Guru Ram Das Puri, where camp is located. You must make arrangements directly with them via phone (they have no email address). See information below. If you arrive in New Mexico before the scheduled arrival day or miss the last shuttle departure time from the airport, you will need to make arrangements to either stay in a hotel, or find alternative means of transportation. Please do not arrive at Guru Ram Das Puri before the scheduled arrival day. Please read the specific information that follows regarding how to schedule your itinerary and arrange for transportation assistance to the site. Look for Shuttle Information by March 21st 2023!
Flying: Most people traveling to the Guru Ram Das Puri campsite for Summer Solstice fly to Albuquerque, New Mexico, and take a shuttle (see below) from the airport to the campsite. If you are taking a shuttle, please make your reservation ahead of time and arrive at least thirty minutes before your shuttle departs. The largest airport in the vicinity is the Albuquerque International Sunport in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This major airport is a 1½-hour drive to the town of Española, and another 1/2 hour drive to the campsite. (Airport Code: ABQ) There is also a smaller municipal airport located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, which is about a 45 minute drive from Española and another 1/2 hour drive from the campsite. (Airport code: SAF)
Airport Hotel: If you arrive to Albuquerque (Airport Code: ABQ) late at night and there are no shuttle options available, you can stay at a hotel near the airport and arrange ground transportation for the following day.
Shuttle Information: Coming Soon! Please look for shuttle information as of March, 21, 2023.
Tenting: Camping upon the beautiful land of Guru Ram Das Puri keeps us connected to the Earth and to the Solstice energy. Most attendees bring their own tents and camping gear. Please set up your tent in the designated tenting areas. There is no additional charge for tenting. There are three main tenting areas.
Rent a Tent: If you don’t want to bring your own tent, the fee for a tent rental is $238 for one cot in a two person tent. You may pay for a whole tent at the rate of $446.
- Note: Tent rental locations will be assigned by our setup team onsite. You will not be able to choose where your rental tent is located.
- There are two cots (no mattresses) per tent with space for luggage, etc. Only two people to a tent unless you are a family.
- Each tent will be set up prior to your arrival.
- Reserve the cot when you register on-line for the event.
- Shower and toilet facilities are nearby.
Cabins: All cabins have basic sleeping accommodations including a mattress. All cabins do not have electricity, air conditioning, running water, or bathrooms. Bathroom and shower facilities are nearby. Please bring your own bedding.
Morgan Cabins: In an effort to accommodate those that could otherwise not attend, Morgan cabins will be available to seniors, and those with disabilities ONLY until June 1st. There are 4 cots available per cabin and there are 4 cabins. They are located approximately 2/10 of a mile from Main Shelter.
Adobe Cabins: Each cabin room has 4 bunk beds (8 bunks) and there are 4 cabins. Approximately, 3/10 mile from Main Shelter.
RVs: Available only for seniors, individuals with disabilities, and special needs circumstances.
- 19 spaces available.
- Registered RV / 5th Wheel parking spot recipients will be issued a parking permit when checking-in at Registration Trailer.
- Only registered RVs / 5th Wheels will be allowed to park at Guru Ram Das Puri.
- Please be advised that there are no water or electric hookups.
- No generators are allowed to run between 10:00 p.m. and 3:45 a.m.
- If your vehicle is a van or truck-bed camper that fits in a standard size parking spot, you may park in the parking area at no additional cost.
Ashrams: Other options are studios/rooms located in Española near the Hacienda Guru Ram Das Ashram. For details, visit the Hacienda de Guru Ram Das Ashram website and LYF.
If you are unable to tent due to health or other reasons, there are some hotels in Española about 25 minutes from Guru Ram Das Puri. Visit the Española Online website for more information about hotel accommodations.