By Catalyst Yogi
“When you cannot reach your Neutral Mind, you are reactive. You act as a beast instead of a human. I’m sorry to tell you this, but it is true. When you cannot reach the Neutral Mind, you never know what is right and what is wrong. You lack the clarity and certainty of your soul.”-Yogi Bhajan, 2002
The 4th yogic body is the neutral mind, the part of the mind that is in direct connection to our Soul’s guidance. One of the purposes of meditation is to develop our neutral mind. True neutrality in the face of today’s modern challenges is a powerful yogic tool.
Each one of us is born with a certain longitude and latitude and a distance that we must travel in this lifetime. This road can come with twists and turns, rain and sunshine, bumps and other unknowns.
Until our mind is clear, we are a slave to the emotion and commotion that makes us reactive to these unknowns that we meet on the road of life. These reactions come from our animal self that is only concerned with our immediate survival. To live without the yogic neutral mind is like driving a car in an unknown territory without a map, GPS or even road signs. We can end up taking some dusty, bumpy questionable dead end roads that lead us into needless suffering. Living by the animal self gives us a limited perspective on life and offers us a painful ride.
However, to drive into the unknown with our GPS turned on is a completely different experience. We can trust that our GPS is making the perfect calculations to get us to our destination in the quickest, safest and most efficient way possible. The GPS is like your neutral mind which is connected to your Soul’s Destiny in this lifetime. Your neutral mind knows your destination and it knows the most efficient, safe and fun way to get there. This is the way to travel into the Aquarian Age—with your neutral mind fully activated to make all of your decisions.
5 Ways to Strengthen the Neutral Mind
- Exercise to Balance the Brain Hemispheres: Lie on your back on a mat. Inhale and raise both your left leg and your right arm up to 90 degrees. As you exhale lower them and raise your right leg and left arm to 90 degrees. Start at 1 minute and work up to 5 minutes.
- Wait 9 Seconds: When pressed to make decisions, inhale deeply and wait patiently for 9 seconds and you will receive guidance from your neutral mind. The 4th Body is taking input from the mental bodies to give you an answer that serves your destiny.
- Practice the Kundalini Yoga Meditation for the Neutral Mind
- Daily Meditation: All meditation will strengthen the Neutral Mind. Take some daily quiet time and space to listen to the voice of your soul, which comes through the Neutral Mind.
- Seva: Seva is a spiritual practice of selfless service with no thought of reward for the self. It takes you out of the limited state of the needs of the ego and puts you in the blissful infinite space of love. We all have something to give even if just means a smile or a kind word to a stranger; or do a random act of kindness anonymously.
Catalyst Yogi helps you to attract healthy, loving relationships and claim your unique, divine gifts through the Shadow Mining online healing programs. These programs are to assist you in your evolution into the new Aquarian Age consciousness. Participants also become a member of a supportive global community called the Catalyst Yogi Synarchy. He also hosts a free monthly online New Moon Meditation for Peace gathering. Check the website for more details. http://catalystyogi.com/