Originally taught March 30, 1993
To become like angels we need the inner strength to be secure, to give to all, to be consumed in the service of life and destiny. This set, done properly, is said to give you the health and inner energy to live from your angelic nature.
1. Sit in Easy Pose (comfortable cross-legged sitting position). The right arm is stretched forward with the palm facing down. Pat the air, going up about thirty degrees and back down to be parallel with the ground. Move from the shoulder and pat at a rate of 30 times per minute.
Create a steady rhythm. The left elbow is bent with the left upper arm near the ribs. The palm faces forward and the fingers point straight up. Close your eyes. Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth. Breathe slowly, heavily, and deeply. Continue for 6 minutes.
It is said that humans who have regularly done this exercise have become angels in their own right. This exercise may cause some pain as it re-aligns the patterns of the body. You are hurting yourself so that ill health does not hurt you.
2. Change hands and repeat exercise #1 for 3 minutes.
3. Relax and roll your shoulders. Loosen up. Continue this for 2 minutes.
4. Bend both elbows keeping the upper arms close to the ribs. The wrists are bent and the palms face upward. The hands point away from the body at a diagonal. The eyes focus on the tip of the nose. Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth as fast and powerfully as you can. Hold your body in perfect balance. There will be tremendous pressure on the chest. Continue for 5 1/2 minutes.
This exercise is said to rid the body of chronic illnesses which have developed over the years.
5. Rhythmically hit the ground in front of you with your hands. (When practiced in a class, everyone should hit the floor with one rhythm.) Chant Har, using only the tip of the tongue. Use the power of the navel point to chant, and time the chant in rhythm with the clapping of the ground. Continue for 6 1/2 minutes.
To finish, inhale, hold the breath 15-20 seconds, tense all your muscles, and press the hands against the ground with the entire weight of the body. Exhale explosively through the mouth. Repeat two more times.
6. Take 2 minutes to recover from the powerful effects of this kriya. Do not meditate or be silent at this time. Stretch, walk around, and talk before resuming your normal activities.
This set can be found in Self-Knowledge, available through KRI.
©The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan
 One of the names of God in His creative aspect; the ‘a’ is short and sounds like the ‘u’ in ‘but’ and the ‘r’ is slightly rolled, similar to Spanish