Self-reliance will vanish all fear. Fear comes when you are dependent on anything other than your own inner wisdom and higher self. If your self-reliance is strong, you are protected.
This series provokes self-reliance and energizes several physical areas of the body. Exercise 1 sets the balance in the aura between north and south. It also puts a pressure on the liver to clean the body and increase courage. Exercises 2 and 3 open the Heart Center's energy of compassion and surrender to infinite wisdom.
Exercise 4 works on the liver and Exercise 5 on the creative force. The last exercise is a meditation that can be extended to 31 minutes. When turning to the right, you are representing yourself as a unit identity of Truth. When turning to the left, your reliance is focused on the Infinite Wisdom. Reliance on Whaa-hay Guroo brings self-reliance as a unit in Sat Naam.
1. Sit with spine erect and legs extended straight out in front. The arms are straight forward, parallel to the ground. Inhale and lean back into a 60-degree angle; suspend the breath and lift both legs up as high as possible. Hold the breath as long as possible and then exhale, letting the legs down and bend forward, grasping the toes. Pull firmly on the toes and hold this position with normal breathing. After 11 minutes, take several deep breaths, then inhale and lean back 60-degrees and repeat the first part of the exercise three or four times.
2. Spine Flex in Rock Pose. Sit on the heels and place the palms on the thighs. Using the mantra Sat Naam, whisper powerfully the sound Sat while flexing the spine forward, and Naam while flexing backward. The sound will be like a snake. Continue the spine flex at a medium pace for 8 minutes. Then inhale and exhale 4 times. Relax.
3. Sit straight with palms together and thumbs crossed. Press the hands firmly together, putting pressure at the center of the chest. Bring the entire weight of the upper body into the hands and concentrate all the mental energy at the root of the nose. Meditate in this pose for 10 minutes.
4. Sit straight and move the waist from side to side in a regular rhythm. Continue for 3 minutes.
5. Spine Flex in Easy Pose. Begin a rapid spine flex holding the ankles. Concentrate on the forward motion a little more than the backward motion so that each flex puts a slight pressure on the sex organs. Continue for 3 minutes. Relax the body completely.
6. Sit erect with hands in Giaan Mudra. Concentrate at the root of the nose and turn the head over the right shoulder and chant Sat Naam. Turn the head over the left shoulder and chant Whaa-hay Guroo. Continue in a steady rhythm for 11 minutes.
© KRI. This kriya is courtesy of YB Teachings, LLC. Used with permission.
This kriya can be found in the manual, KRIYA, available through KRI.