1. Rock back and forth in bow pose, while rhythmically and musically chanting the Guru Gaitri mantra:
Har, Har, Har, Har Gobinday
Har, Har, Har, Har Mukunday
Har, Har, Har, Har Udaaray
Har, Har, Har, Har Apaaray
Har, Har, Har, Har Hareeung
Har, Har, Har, Har Kareeung
Har, Har, Har, Har Nirnaamay
Har, Har, Har, Har Akaamay
Allow yourself to enter the vibration of this mantra as you practice; feel the transformative experience of connecting yourself to the Infinite, and the power and strength that comes from that connection.
“This is the Guru Gaitri mantra. It fixes the mind to prosperity and power. It contains the eight facets of Self. Har is the original force of Creativity. The four repetitions of Har give power to all aspects and provide the power to break down the barriers of the past. It converts fear into the determination to use and expand the reserve energy of the Navel Point. It invokes guidance and sustenance; all powers come to serve your true purpose.”
-Level One Aquarian Teacher Training Manual
Continue for 6 minutes.
One who sustains us.
One who liberates us.
One who uplifts us.
One who does everything.
One by whose grace everything is done.
Nameless and desireless.
2. Lie on your back, bend your knees and grab your ankles. Keeping your feet flat on the ground, raise and lower your pelvis. Chant Har as you lift up and chant Har as you lie back on the ground. Move rapidly. 2 minutes.
3. Raise your arms over your head but do not let your hands touch. Revolve your upper body counter-clockwise from the base of your spine. Close your eyes and move as if you are in ecstasy. Chant along with Ardas Bhaee (Yogi Bhajan used the version known as Healing Sounds of The Ancients #3). 4 minutes.
4. Stand up with your hands overhead, but not clasped. Keep your eyes closed and dance to Ardas Bhaee. 1½ minutes. Continue dancing. Each time you hear “Sachee Sahee” bend forward, touch the ground, and rise up again to dance. 2 minutes.
5. Run in place as fast as you can. Move your arms as you run. 2 ½ minutes.
6. Lie down and repeat exercise one for 2 ½ minutes.
7. Repeat exercise two for 30 seconds.
8. Sit up in easy pose with your hands on your knees. Revolve your torso counter-clockwise. 30 seconds.
9. Get into baby pose and sleep. 7 minutes.
(This kriya can be found in Self-Knowledge, p. 17)
© 3HO. This kriya is courtesy of YB Teachings, LLC. Used with permission.May 22, 1985