3HO is a non-profit organization with the mission to inspire everyone everywhere to realize their full potential through the uplifting experience of Kundalini Yoga and a yogic lifestyle. We support our members to find clarity, confidence, and strength by connecting with their true selves, and to live fully and deeply by embracing yogic practices that foster happiness, health, and wholeness.
We provide practical resources for newcomers to help them establish a daily Kundalini Yoga practice, as well as time-tested tools to deepen and broaden one’s practice, and life practices to free oneself from anxiety, stress, and addiction. Together we make up a community of committed, connected, and welcoming practitioners and teachers who enjoy sharing, serving, and receiving support from others on the journey.
3HO International is passionate about building and sustaining a diverse, inclusive, welcoming, and equitable working environment for all employees. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
3HO International is a nonprofit organization dedicated to sharing Kundalini Yoga worldwide. After a 2 year hiatus from in-person events that were a bedrock of our community, 3HO is seeking an In-Person Event Manager to envision the future of live events. We expect this person to play a pivotal role in expanding and deepening 3HO’s offerings, ensuring that as we reintroduce in-person programs, we do so in a way that captivates and connects the community. Our mission remains to inspire people everywhere to realize their potential through Kundalini Yoga.
Who We’re Calling In
We’re seeking an experienced, results-driven Event Manager to work closely with our team to envision the future of live events for 500 or more people. We intend to maintain the integrity and focus of our existing events while expanding our offerings to increase revenue. The practical tasks include optimizing event systems, exploring and assessing event locations, and working closely with the 3HO Events team and onsite Facilities Manager. We need someone that understands where we’ve been over the past few years, as an organization and as a community, with a vision to inspire the future. The Event Manager will work closely with 3HO staff to develop and implement a smart, relevant, inclusive, and innovative strategy for the future of live events. We are seeking a doer as much as a dreamer!
Is this you?
- You have experience in the yoga and wellness Industry.
- You’re passionate about helping organizations and communities succeed.
- When you hear 3HO is a small, nonprofit team seeking fresh ideas for community connection, you’re not intimidated – you can’t wait to get started.
- You’re flexible, creative, and love problem-solving.
- You’re obsessed with uncovering the unique opportunities in each project, and you’d be bored if you had to design the same system twice.
- You’re familiar with the latest trends and best practices when it comes to tools, platforms, and similar events. You know how to use them in a way that makes sense.
- You’re passionate about understanding user needs, desires and behavior, and you pride yourself on creating systems that are mutually beneficial for all. You have experience working with global audiences and understand that a successful strategy in one place might not easily transfer to another.
- You have strong leadership skills and can easily work with different teams and management to get the results that you need.
- You have both in-person and online event experience and enjoy creating the vision and seeing it through to cultivate community and increase profitability.
As the In-Person Event Manager, you’ll be responsible for identifying best practices, benchmarks, and strategies to improve user experience and revenue generation. You will also be expected to use that analysis to create a comprehensive event strategy for 3HO. You will work collaboratively across many different teams, reporting directly to our CEO.
At 3HO, you will:
- Serve as on-site manager overseeing all aspects of program delivery and logistics
- Manage planning and production of 3HO events, with a strong focus on service and community building
- Develop strategies to partner with local influencers
- Work collaboratively with 3HO staff and events team on event development and execution
- Oversee event marketing strategies and communications
- Build positive relationships with the international community to inspire event participation and increase communication for local communities
- Manage the Events Budget
- Attend community functions to network and identify potential opportunities for collaboration
- Collaborate with Logistics Manager, 3HO Team, and Events Support Staff to upgrade or implement new policies, procedures, and systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of events
- Oversee event registration system selection
- Oversee Event Logistics Manager
- Evaluate and improve Event Operations
- Explore new locations and formats for 3HO Events
- Collaborate with global communities to support International 3HO events
- Collaborate with 3HO online events, marketing, and outreach teams to strategize and implement ideas for in-person and hybrid virtual events
- Research best practices of similarly successful in-person Lifestyle and Yogic Events to create comparative analysis and strategy proposals
- Oversee operations at the events. This requires flexibility, the ability to think on your feet, multi-task, and oversee staff with a high level of focus, attention to detail, and accuracy in a stressful environment
Please note: Although this is a remote position, it requires travel and the ability to be onsite at the 3HO event location during event operations. Just prior to and during the event you would need to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
- 2-5 years of experience in managing events for small and mid-sized organizations with at least 500 attendees.
- Thorough understanding of current in-person event strategies and best practices for COVID safety
- Experience in creating and promoting In-Person Events to maximize engagement and increase global brand awareness
- Experience with a nonprofit and international marketing a plus
- Team player who can work independently and as part of a group
- Flexible, creative thinker who is able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Efficient self-starter who is comfortable working independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Insightful and perceptive
- Committed to the larger vision of 3HO International
- Interest in yoga and/or spiritual awareness through yoga, mindfulness, and conscious awareness
To apply for this opportunity, click here.