Invoke your creative flow and inner power with this refreshing smoothie
By Guramrit Khalsa
Summer is a time to eat lighter, more cooling foods. And this is where my blissful cacao smoothie comes in handy. The abundance of healthy fats, refreshing greens, and raw cacao in this smoothie will not only help you feel radiant this season, you’ll rid yourself of mental fog and welcome your power to shine through. And, when sipped slowly and mindfully, you will have a sense of wellbeing allowing you to be more effective and clear in your journey.
The time is on you now! Let’s get started on the journey towards your best self.
Total Time: 5 minutes
1 cup organic unsweetened almond milk (homemade is always best)
1 organic hass avocado, pit and skin removed
1 tablespoon organic raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon organic cacao nibs
1 cup organic baby kale
1-2 medjool dates, pits removed
1 tablespoon hemp hearts
3-4 cubes of ice
How to Make It:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed until creamy.
- Top with additional hemp hearts and cacao nibs for added benefit.
- Sip with a smile.
*Note: Feel free to add more or less almond milk based on your smoothie thickness preference
- Raw cacao is not only delicious, it contains magnesium which aids in calming and soothing our bodies, while it also has B vitamins for sustained energy. It also is a great source of polyphenols, containing antioxidant properties that help the body fight off free radicals (these are what can cause cancer).
- Organic kale is a nutrient dense powerhouse. This sensational green is high in iron which we need for proper liver function, sustained energy and is also a great anti-inflammatory food. Full of fiber and sulfur, kale is a great detox food.
- Hemp Hearts and Avocados are a great source of Omega-3 essential fatty acids. You get an energy boost and mental clarity when consumed regularly. They are beneficial for joint health and they naturally lower cholesterol. They help to decrease inflammation in the body (basically, inflammation is the root for a lot of our issues), protect our vision, prevent wrinkles, and most importantly, promote a sense of overall wellbeing and joy!
Guramrit Khalsa lives, breathes, and sleeps health and wellness. Her love for wellness fuels her passion for cooking, yoga, meditation and spirituality. Guramrit is a Holistic Health Counselor, certified by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and a graduate of the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University with a B.S. in Magazine Journalism. Her writing offers tips on how to live holistically, joyfully and in deep gratitude. She recently released her first book Yogi Eats: A Delicious Journey to Nourishing Your Soul, available now on amazon.com. You can learn more about Guramrit on her website. You are welcome to connect with her via social media on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.