This set works on coordination and repair of the nervous system by stimulating the Heart Center. Your normal feelings of happiness, connection, and wellbeing depend on the balance of your individual psycho-electromagnetic field. If it is strong, your muscles obey the message nerves, and the message nerves give good perception to the brain. Proper maintenance of the nerves depends on the basic elements and hormones in the constitution of the blood. This set will balance the blood.
The best results are always obtained if you practice a set until you master it. If you cannot do the exercises for the full time period, do what you can and slowly build up to it. When you can keep up on all the given times and are in a good posture for each exercise, continue the set each day for 40 days as you master the mental poise and meditation of the full set.
1. Heart Center Opener. Sit in Easy Pose. Hold the arms up at a 60 degree angle with wrists and elbows straight, palms facing up. Begin Breath of Fire for 1 minute. Then inhale, hold the breath and pump the stomach in and out 16 times. Exhale, relax the breath. Continue the cycle for 2 to 3 minutes. This exercise builds the psycho-electromagnetic field. If the elbows bend, the psycho-electromagnetic field will not be strengthened properly. If the exhale after pumping the stomach is rough or gasping, then the magnetic field is very weak.
2. Immediately sit on the heels with arms parallel to the ground at the sides. Let the hands hang limp from the wrists. Begin Breath of Fire for 3 minutes. Inhale, hold, exhale, and relax. The second exercise is for the heart.
3. Stomach Pumps. Sit on the heels. Spread the knees wide apart and lean back 60 degrees from the ground. Support the body with arms straight down in back. Tilt the neck back, inhale, hold the breath, and pump the stomach in and out until the breath can be held no longer. Exhale. Continue for 1 to 2 minutes. Then, tilt the spine back further to 30 degrees and continue the breathing cycle for another 1 to 2 minutes. This stimulates the thyroid, parathyroid and navel center. If you practice these, you will never need cosmetics. A smooth, radiant complexion and a glow in the eyes and face is a natural by-product of this exercise.
4. Ong Sohung. Still sitting on the heels with knees widespread, put the forehead on the ground with arms stretched forward and relaxed, palms together. After 1 minute, begin long deep breathing for 2 minutes. Then for 2 minutes chant:
ONG, ONG, ONG, ONG. SOHUNG, SOHUNG, SOHUNG, SOHUNG
This feeds the newly-constituted blood into the brain cells and moves the spinal fluid. This helps repair the damage to the brain done by drugs like alcohol and marijuana.
5. Life Nerve Stretch. Grab the toes with legs slightly spread. Inhale, exhale and reach down as you lenghten the core of the spine, bending forward from the navel. Head comes down last. Hold for 1 minute. This is for balance.
6. Back Platform. The body is straight with the heels on the ground and the upper portion of the body held up by straight arms. Drop the head back and begin Breath of Fire. Back Platform Walk: After 30 seconds, begin to "waIk" with the legs wider apart until they are spread wide. Walk them back together again and continue "walking" while doing Breath of Fire for 30 more seconds. Inhale, exhale and move immediately into a front stretch holding the toes for 1 minute. Relax on the back for 3 minutes. This is for the thyroid, lower back, and heart.
7. Maha Mudra. Sit on the left heel, stretch the right leg forward and grab the right big toe with the right middle and index fingers, thumb pressing the big toenail. Pulling back on the toe, grab the foot with the left hand. Keep the chin tucked into the chest, spine straight, and eyes fixed on the big toe. Inhale deeply. Exhale and hold the breath out for 8 seconds keeping mulbandh and Diaphragm Lock tightly pulled. Inhale. Continue for 3 minutes. Relax for 5 minutes on the back. Maha Mudra is called “the great seal of yoga.” Its effects fill pages. This exercise can be practiced by itself.
8. Alternate Leg Lifts. Lie on the back. Stretch the arms overhead on the ground. Raise the left leg 90 degrees and begin Breath of Fire for 1 minute. Switch to the right leg for 1 minute, continuing Breath of Fire. Then raise both legs 12 inches only and keep up the Breath of Fire for 1 more minute. Relax for 2 minutes. This balances prana and apana.
9. Shoulder Stand. Slowly come into Shoulder Stand. Spread the legs wide and begin Breath of Fire for 3 minutes. Relax on the back for 3 minutes. This is for the thyroid gland.
10. Alternate Head & Leg Lifts. Lie on the back. Inhale and lift both legs six inches. Arms should be straight up from the shoulders with the palms facing in. On the exhale let both legs down and bring the head up pressing the chin on the chest. Continue 3 minutes with long deep breathing. Relax 2 minutes. This is for the Heart Center.
11. Neck Rolls. Sit in Easy Pose and hold opposite elbows across the chest. Roll the head in a slow figure 8 for 30 seconds in one direction, then 30 seconds in the other direction. Then inhale deeply, and bend forward to the ground. Exhale and rise up as fast as possible. Rise up and down 10 times. This is for the Heart Center.
12. Meditate by chanting: GOD & ME, ME & GOD, ARE ONE.
© 3HO. This kriya is courtesy of YB Teachings, LLC. Used with permission.
Yoga images by www.kundalinimovile.com