Originally taught by Yogi Bhajan on January 24, 1990
"As long as the mind is dark and does not let the light of the soul shine in your life, you will never have the joy and success that is your birthright as a human."
1. Sit in Easy Pose with a straight spine and stretch the tongue out. Breathe in and out powerfully and deeply through the mouth. Open up the lungs. Continue for 2 minutes.
2. Using the tip of the tongue, move it rapidly against the upper palate, making the sound "la, la, la, la." It is like a continuous, high-pitched warble. Continue for 2 minutes.
Making this sound stimulates the brow area, and will relax you. In the Middle East, women use this sound to send their men off to battle and to welcome them home.
3. Touch the thumb to the mound under the Mercury finger and dose the fist around it. With the palms facing down, rapidly revolve the fists around each other in outward circles. Keep the revolving fists in front of your Heart Center. Continue for 2 minutes.
This is a very fast movement and is beneficial for the heart.
4. Extend the arms straight in front, parallel to the floor, with the palms facing each other. Keep the elbows straight and move each arm alternately up and down approximately one to two feet. Continue for 1 minute.
This motion will adjust the rib cage.
5. Extend the arms straight in front at a 60 degee angle. The palms are facing down. There is no bend in the elbows. Rapidly open and dose the hands so that the fingers slap the palms, creating a magnetic shock. Continue for 2 minutes.
This exercise invigorates the brain.
6. Sufi Grind. Sitting in Easy Pose with the hands on the knees, rotate the torso in a counter-clockwise motion. Grind the spine firmly and powerfully. Continue for 2 minutes.
7. Body Drops. Support yourself with the hands on either side of the hips. Lift the hips off the floor and let them drop back down. Move very quickly. Your entire weight will be supported by your hands. Continue for 1 ½ minutes.
8. Interlock the fingers behind the neck. Keep the spine straight and focus at the tip of the nose. Meditate to Nirinjan Kaur's recording of Rakhe Rakhan Har, listening to the beat of your Heart Center. Continue for 7 minutes.
9. Remain in the posture and keep the eyes focused at the tip of the nose. Forcefully pump the navel to the beat of Guru Shabad Singh's recording of Pavan Pavan for 13 minutes.
This exercise gives you mastery over the Pranic Shakti, the life force energy, by using the navel to develop stamina and inner strength.
To end: Inhale, suspend the breath for 10 seconds and exhale. Repeat this sequence two more times and relax. Raise the hands overhead and shake them.
© 3HO. This kriya is courtesy of YB Teachings, LLC. Used with permission.
This kriya can be found in I Am a Woman, available through KRI.