SYC Service Opportunities
Solstice is a family friendly environment and little people are everywhere. To give the children an experience of their own identity and to support the parents, we have a variety of programs for children, youth and teens. If you have experience working with these groups and are prepared to serve during one or two White Tantric Yoga days, this unique service opportunity is a wonderful option. We prefer applicants who have attended at least one Solstice Sadhana Celebration, but if you have a lot of experience working with children, please apply. Please note that if you are a parent traveling with a child under twelve years of age you may only apply for a service exchange for the Solstice Youth Co-op Program.
Areas of Choice:
We’re looking for individuals who care deeply for children and are physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually fit with confidence in leading a team and delegating tasks. This seva requires a large amount of sacrifice, flexibility and the ability to stay grounded during the heightened energy of White Tantric Yoga so that the needs of the children and the team are always met. It is the primary intention of Youth Camp to give the children an experience of their soul. To create an environment, a program and a team that values the children for all of the right reasons. If interested, please click the link below to apply.
It is the primary intention of Youth Camp to give the children an experience of their soul. To create an environment, a program and a team that values children for all of the right reasons. We’re looking for individuals who are physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually fit - who are able to take care of, not only themselves but also the children who are at Ram Das Puri. To do this requires a strong nervous system, a lot of flexibility and some sacrifice. The ability to communicate with parents, fellow team members and children is also essential.
SYC Camp Manager: Meghan Machado
Please use this application to explain any previous experience with the following areas:
Food Delivery Driver
Swimming- Certified Lifeguards with CPR training
Air Guns and Rifles - Experienced with children's groups
- Prior experience working with children.
- Arrive Wednesday June 17th.
- Prepare to start work by 9am Thursday June 18th.
- Be available to stay until noon on Friday June 26th.
- Be prepared to serve 3 full days working with your age group. Typically 1 tantric and 2 non-tantric days. Expect to go on field trips and have a complete immersion in the life of children.
To support the parents and to give the teens an experience of their own identity, we have a variety of activities. The teen group is unique in that we will be off-site for a good part of the time, sometimes for 10 to 12 hours, for lots of fun, adventurous activities like rafting and hiking. This is a unique and fun service opportunity for people who want to work with this age group. Expect to go on field trips and have a complete immersion in the life of the teens. For this unique service area, you can expect to participate in one day of White Tantric Yoga and other days of programming prior to the start of Teen Camp. We prefer applicants who have attended at least one Summer Solstice Sadhana Celebration, but if you have a lot of experience working with teens, please apply.
Teen Camp Managers: Akal Singh and Atma Kaur
- The teen program begins Sunday, June 21st and runs through Thursday, June 25th.
- Be prepared to serve 3 full days and 1 half-day working with your age group during Teen Camp.
- If you are accepted on this team, your manager will connect with you and confirm dates you will be working. We prefer you be on-site for the Teen meeting on Saturday, June 20th in the afternoon.
- Scholarship Guides: we cannot take first-time-solstice goers as guides.