Parent SolsticeYouth Camp Meetings
For parents with children between 3 and 11 years old, please attend at least one Parent Karma Yoga Meeting. They are held Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday (June 16th to 19th) from 9:30 - 10:30am. A morning activity is scheduled at this time. Please sign your children in and then come to the meeting
The meeting will take place in parent karma yoga tent in the children's area.
SYC Parent Meetings are an opportunity to:
- Ask any questions you might have about the program and voice any concerns
- Meet other parents
- Learn about your responsibilities as guides on the day you serve and other directives and information that will support your children’s experience at the event.
- Practice the All Camp meditation
Parent’s Karma Yoga:
- All parents of children 3-11 years old, whether you have one or several children, serve one day at SYC.
- Our veteran managers and exchange participants suggest that you choose an area other than the one your child is in, because children tend to behave differently when parents are present, and may not engage as much with the other children and adults, which is part of the fun of camp.
- You know your child best so if you feel that he/she will be in extreme stress, this should be considered in your choice of which group you work with.
- Parents are expected to have cell phone numbers on their registration form (this will be on the child’s badge) so we can contact you if necessary.
- We find that sometimes children refuse to drink enough water; in this environment hydration is a must and children can become very emotional if they have not had enough to drink. Please make sure they are hydrated prior to coming to the co-op, and encourage them to drink throughout the day. If your child appears to be suffering from dehydration and refuses to drink, you will be contacted.
- We have had parents in the past who have not shown up for their Karma Yoga day. This puts extra stress on the parents that do come, and on the children. Please be sure to participate and enjoy the day.
- The choices for Karma Yoga are available when you register on-line. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your participation please contact [email protected] or the Director of SYC, Japjeet Kaur at [email protected]gmail.com.