Karma Yoga is how daily operations happen at our Solstice Sadhana Event. You sign up for Karma Yoga when you register. Your seva is deeply appreciated by all.
Karma Yoga Opportunities Include:
Audio Visual: Aid in monitoring the sound equipment for classes and programs.
Divine Souls Foot Soaking Station: Summer in New Mexico is hard on our feet so we need many hands to refresh the water tubs, give people pumice stones, oils and creams for their feet and help set them up so they can work on reviving their feet.
Outdoor Dishwashing: We keep the outdoor dish washing stations for personal dishes clean, warm, and sudsy.
Electrolyte/Hydration Team: Altitude and a dry climate are conditions that make for very thirsty beings so help quench their thirst and keep them happy, healthy, holy and hydrated.
Family Registration: Here we sign up kids for camp, provide information about the schedule of activities, and make sure parents know where to go and how to find out more information. All of our children's programs are run as cooperative efforts between parents and our lead guides. The Children's Registration Team supports this by connecting parents with Karma Yoga opportunities for the Children's Program.
First Aid: Keep the first aid building tidy and clean so that medical professionals can assist those in need.
Green Team: Manage landfill bin removal as well as recycling and composting efforts.
Grounds: General maintenance, soap and hand sanitizer team, restocking toilet paper, bathroom cleaning, etc.
Hydration: Monitor and deliver water and electrolytes to hydration stations. Participate in prepping electrolytes for camp.
Peace Prayer Day Team (PPD): Peace Prayer Day Team (PPD): The Peace Prayer Day team has the honor of decorating the altars for the Spiral Healing Walk and gracefully serving water to participants during the walking meditation. There will be many other fun opportunities for seva as well, and Karma Yogis will help other teams out in the camp after Peace Prayer Day.
- Veggie Washers & Choppers: Washing the veggies that fuel our nutritious camp diet.
- Sadhana Soup Sevadars: Start to heat up the soups each morning at 5 am.
- Bean and Rice Brigade: Tend the beans and rice to perfect completion. Sort and rinse rice, then follow the recipe to add veggies and spices. Cook carrots and beets.
- Bean sprouting: maintain quality of bean sprouts and assist kitchen manager with bean sprout process.
- Dinner Prep and Soup Starters: Come to the kitchen 1½ hours before dinner is served and transfer the food from pots to buckets and wash enough pots to get the soup started early. Cook the soup until the veggies are soft, then turn the soups off for what is left of a good night’s sleep. This may take place during the last exercise on White Tantric Yoga® days.
- Tabouli Titans: On non-Tantric days, make our delicious lunch. Work on the langar and special meals and help out in any other area on Tantric days.
- Outside Dish Washing: Setting up and tearing down the outdoor washing station for campers.
- Kitchen Clean Up and Dishwashing: Keep the kitchen as clean as possible all the time. Make a schedule to work throughout the day.
- Kitchen Greeters- Greet visitors to the kitchen and help direct inquiries.
Luggage: Help welcome new arrivals to the Summer Solstice camp, unload their luggage, pick a tenting spot, and take their luggage in the shuttle to each camping site.
KYSS: Help to educate people about their Karma Yoga participation during registration, and round up the camp for their Karma Yoga meetings each morning.
Meal Serving: Serve breakfast, lunch or dinner daily.
Programming: Assist with teacher and class venue needs.
Security: Various security duties, including monitoring the safety and policies of the camp.
Sikh Dharma International Academy: The Sikh Dharma International Academy Karma Yoga group assists with the daily activities at the SDI-A tent. Your duties will include handing out and collecting information sheets or shabad sheets and the serving of Solstice dinner on non-Tantric nights. The tent will need to be swept and tidied at the end of each day before the evening program and in the early morning. On non-Tantric days the evening program will include a "Dinner Class" from 5:30-6:30 and then the Evening Kirtan program will be from 7:00-8:00. On Tantric days only the Evening Kirtan program will happen. Help with set up and break down also needed.
Tantric Burgers: Preparing special vegetarian burgers in the early morning for lunches on the three White Tantric Yoga® days.
Tent Set-up: Assist people who need help in setting up their tents.
Translation: Assist with translation in Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese or other languages.
Watermelon: Cut and serve watermelon for participants.
Yogi Tea and Golden Milk: Prep and serve Yogi Tea daily and Golden Milk during the three White Tantric Yoga® days.
Solstice Youth Co-op: If you are a parent or guardian, your Karma Yoga will be to serve one Tantric day and 1/2 of a Non-Tantric Day in the area your child is participating in during the six days of SYC.
- Baby Camp (0-2)
- Toddler Camp (3 & 4)
- Children’s Camp (5-7)
- Youth Camp (8-11)
- Teen Camp (12-17)