Here is a list of spiritual names that are given to people. Use this section to understand the correct pronunciation of your spiritual name.
Please keep the following in mind as you integrate your spiritual name into your life:
- Listen carefully to the sound bite (pronunciation) of your spiritual name. Pronounce it slowly, and let it resonate within you.
- It is important to use the correct naad (inner sound current) when speaking your name and when teaching others how to pronounce it. Pronunciation is paramount!
- Each name listed here has the most common spelling as it is transliterated from Gurmukhi (the alphabet of the sacred language of the Sikhs).
- Because there is not a direct transliteration from the Gurmukhi alphabet to the English alphabet, there may be more than one correct way to spell your name. Whatever spelling makes the most sense to YOU, and helps you and other people to pronounce your name correctly, is the best spelling to use. We have suggested a common way to spell your name, but remember the most important thing is the correct pronunciation.
- It is said that using your spiritual name in its entirety is the best way to get the most benefit from it.
The surname “Singh” (male) or “Kaur” (female) is included after each given name.
Note that most of these spiritual names can be used by either a male or a female, except as indicated.
Listen to the pronunciation of “Singh” or “Kaur”:
If your name is not listed here, please contact us.