Sadhana, Aradhana, Prabhupati: The 3 Steps Towards Self-Mastery
"Sadhana, Aradhana, Prabhupati. Those who do sadhana and do it—they put their whole self into it. Wholehearted sadhana is called aradhana. Prabhupati is you become the master of the Almighty God which created you." 1/7/90
Yogi Bhajan once asked at a Summer Solstice Sadhana, who could sum up life in the shortest sentence. A student came up and said, “Sadhana, Aradhna, Prabhupati” He said, “Yes!”
Summer Solstice Sadhana—the entire event is a Sadhana. It is meant to strengthen your commitment to yourself.
But it does not end with Sadhana. Sadhana is not the final self frontier.
Are You in Prabhupati? Ask Yourself these 10 Questions
- Do I believe that it is possible to fully enjoy my life?
- When I look in the mirror, am I seeing a person I love, or just thinking about what needs to be improved?
- Do I react to things in life or do I pause, contemplate and move forward with stability and grace?
- Do I know I am “good enough” or do I constantly seek approval from others?
- Do I believe that no matter what decision I make, it is “right” for me?
- Am I able to “go for what I want” without the fear of others’ opinions?
- Am I so worried about my future that I cannot enjoy the moment?
- Am I aware of when my intuition is trying to tell me something, or do I doubt my instincts?
- Am I aware of the words I choose to speak and are they creating the reality I want?
- Am I able to forgive easily and have compassion towards others?