You are here
Chakras are centers of consciousness. They are focal points of energy that have a direct, immediate, and profound effect on our daily lives. The particular chakra where the majority of your kundalini energy is primarily focused – or polarized – influences your basic behavior and attitudes.
This relationship between behavior and your dominant chakra is key because energy acts like a magnet. We constantly attract vibrations to ourselves that are on the same wavelength as the chakras from which we are operating. Kundalini Yoga allows the kundalini energy to rise, balancing and coordinating all of the chakras.
Kundalini Yoga does not force the kundalini to rise; it prepares the body to allow it to rise so that you can experience your higher consciousness. When this balance of the chakras occurs, you become empowered; you are able to be a compassionate, conscious, and capable human being.
Yogi Bhajan taught about the functions and attributes of the eight major chakrasso that we could understand and transform ourselves via the practice of Kundalini Yoga.
[From Kundalini Yoga: The Flow of Eternal Power by Shakti Parwha Kaur and The KRI Aquarian Teacher Training Level 1 Manual]
You may also be interested in:
- Healing Ayurvedic Herbs for the Root Chakra
- Diet for the Earth Tattva
- Vitality and Stamina
- Kriya for Balancing the Aura
- Nabhi Kriya
- The Compassionate Heart Global Sadhana
- The Neuroscience of Compassion
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: Compassion & The Heart Chakra
- Meditation to Open the Lock of the Heart and Increase the Power of the Infinite Within
- Balancing Mind & Heart unto Infinity
- 1 of 2