By Sewa Singh Khalsa
For about 19 years I had the privilege of working with Karta Purkh Singh Khalsa, a man who has created profound positive changes in the world of natural healing. I observed over that period of time that those people who had the most dramatic improvements in their health were those who had the ability to actually do those things that were suggested to them to elevate their situation.
It became clear that a person's willingness to work on themselves was the real key to healing. There is usually no lack of technology or intelligence when it comes to healing, but there is often a lack of self-motivation. The idea of being healed by some person, some substance, some process or some energy is good. However, the discipline, courage, and intuition to love yourself, your life, and your loved ones is priceless.
- When you love yourself enough to tolerate the pain and inconvenience of things like exercise, you will have more vitality.
- When you care for yourself deeply enough to restrict yourself to healthful foods, you will be building strength and balance.
- When you think enough of those who love you to care for your inner mental states, you will become more tranquil and open to healing.
- When you respect yourself enough to keep the company of those of high values, you receive—by osmosis—the elevation of spirit.
- When you humble yourself to your own intuition and wisdom, you make only those choices that support your health, happiness and Divinity.
I am grateful to have been able to witness these things and my prayer is that by sharing these thoughts, someone will be healed by their acceptance and love of the sacred nature of their own human existence.
Sewa Singh Khalsa is one of Yogi Bhajan’s early students. He has acted as a counselor for many couples and individuals, basing his approach purely on the teachings of Yogi Bhajan. He is also an accomplished artist and his work can be seen on www.sikhphotos.com. He lives in Seattle, Washington, with his wife, Sewa Kaur.