When you are weighed down by the scars and disappointments of life, it is difficult to sense the broader reality of which you are a part. This pain creates blocks to the inflow of cosmic energy and you become less sensitive to your own possibilities. This set of exercises guides the prana through your body to the heart chakra, opening the heart so you can give and receive love without fear, anger, or resentment, and experience compassion.
In this state of compassion you can release the pain of former relationships, energize current relationships on a higher level, and begin to express your divine essence.
The exercises in this kriya are for the release of tension, strengthening the digestion, and opening the lungs. If you are new to Kundalini Yoga, you may want to rest after each exercise unless otherwise noted.
1. Sit in Easy Pose, arms extended to the front, parallel to the floor with the palms facing down. Spread the arms slightly to form a V and rotate them backward in large circles. Begin Breath of Fire and gradually increase the power of the breath as you rotate the arms faster and faster, wider and wider. Continue for 4 minutes.For best results, do this exercise very energetically. The faster the breath is, the more powerfully it stimulates the heart.
2. Lie on the stomach and come into Bow Pose. Rock back and forth from the shoulders to the knees, coordinating the motion with a powerful Breath of Fire—so powerful that it feels as though fire were coming from the nostrils. Continue for 1 minute.
3. Lie on the back with the thighs clasped to the chest, forehead to the knees. Rock along the entire length of the spine in coordination with Breath of Fire for 1 ½ minutes.
4. Come into Crow Pose with the hands clasped in Venus Lock on top of the head. On the count of one, inhale and stand up, and on two, exhale and squat back down into Crow Pose. Continue for 52 counts.
5. Repeat Exercise #1 for 2 minutes.
6. Sit in Easy Pose and cross your hands at the center of the chest over the Heart Center. Close your eyes. Drop any self-limitations. Surrender the self to the Self. In this expanded awareness, experience your essence. Remain focused and meditate for 11-31 minutes. Musical Variation: Sing with the CD or tape, Dhan Dhan Ram Das Guru by Sangeet Kaur, beaming from your heart, and meditating on Guru Ram Das to open your heart and create a miracle in your life.
© The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan
 The life force
 The fourth chakra or energy center; center of love and compassion; located at heart level in the center of the chest
 Continuous rapid nostril breathing, two to three breaths per second, while pulling the navel point in on the exhale and relaxing it on the inhale
 Lie on the stomach, grab the ankles and use the thigh muscles to pull the upper body off the ground. Then lift the legs off the ground.
 Squat down with the feet flat on the ground
 Mudra with fingers interlaced. For men, the right thumb tip presses on the fleshy mound of the thumb of the left hand, with the left thumb tip resting on the web between the thumb and index finger of the right hand. For women, the mudra is reversed.