3HO Foundation’s International Women’s Camp wouldn’t happen without Service Exchange participants.
The success of the event depends on your dedication and commitment to doing seva (selfless service), one of the most powerful limbs of yoga. If you choose this powerful opportunity for spiritual growth, you will become an indispensable part of the backbone of this extraordinary event.
3HO’s Commitment to the Service Exchange Team
3HO supports you in a rewarding service experience and facilitates your participation in the IWC programming. Most Service Exchange participants can expect to participate in the majority of the program events.
Your Commitment to the Service Exchange Team, 3HO, and the Global Community
As an IWC Service Exchange Team member your principal commitment is to make your service area successful. As a member of the team, you will serve approximately 4-5 hours a day in your service area.
Arrival, departure, and service dates vary depending on the service area. You must be available for the entire duration of the service dates.
Click on the Area Title below to apply for a Service Exchange. You may apply to up to 2 teams.
Kitchen Manager: Harpal Kaur
Head Cook: Deva Whyte Khalsa
The kitchen is a wonderful place to serve all who come to IWC. It is quite busy at times, with a lot of activity, interaction, and warmth of heart. This position will require that you miss some class time each day, but the kitchen is the heart of camp. If you love to serve by cooking, this is the team for you.
There are 3 shifts (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner), each 4 hours long. Please specify your interest and experience when you apply. We request people with some Solstice or IWC kitchen experience for the Breakfast shift. The Lunch shift will miss the morning programming and the Dinner shift will miss the afternoon programming.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to stay calm in time-sensitive situations.
- Dedication to service each day
- Arrive and be ready to work starting at Noon Saturday, June 29th.
- Serve until noon on Sunday July 7th.
Manager: IWC Coordinator – Sarb Nam Kaur Khalsa
This team is responsible for our various transportation needs onsite. You will work with the IWC Coordinator to create and manage a schedule to cover the needs of IWC including:
- Delivering luggage and equipment between the Guru Ram Das Puri parking lot and Shakti Valley.
- Food delivery for breakfast, lunch, and dinner from the kitchen to the Valley (and back again with the empty dishes).
- Bringing women who go from Solstice to Women’s Camp into town to various locations on the Saturday before camp begins.
- Shuttle people on Hike Day or other special field trips.
- Shopping for the kitchen on the Saturday and Sunday before camp and during the week.
- Ability to miss a small amount of class time each day, coordinate with the kitchen staff, and be on time with all deliveries.
- Capacity to lift heavy luggage (up to 50 pounds).
- A valid U.S. or international driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Patience, energy, cheerfulness, and stamina.
- Arrive by 6 p.m. on Friday, June 28th.
- Be ready to serve Saturday, June 29th at 9am.
- Serve until transportation needs are complete on Sunday, July 7th (approximately noon).
Manager: Sat Kirtan Kaur
Set Up/Break Down Crew members work with the Set up/Break down Manager to facilitate the entire set up and tear down process of IWC. Crew Members should have a positive, encouraging attitude and be a team player who is flexible and up to complete whatever tasks are needed to get camp up and running and successfully stored away at the end of the week.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Set-up and take down of camping tents and cots.
- Set-up and take down of teaching tents and Lunar Lounge.
- Organizing, Packing, and Labeling all camp materials
- Neatly packing storage sheds.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Arrive by 6:00 p.m., Friday, June 28th.
- Be ready to serve Saturday, June 29th at 9am.
- Serve until camp is completely closed Sunday evening, July 7 (hopefully by 7 pm).
- Set Up/Break Down Crew is free to attend all programming during IWC.
- You cannot be on the Set/Up Break Down crew for IWC if you are also serving on set/up break down for Summer Solstice.
Photography/Video Assistant - Closed
Photo/Video Manager: Gurudev Kaur
As the Photography and Video Assistant, you will get to capture a variety of inspirational, uplifting, quality images and video for IWC, the 3HO Foundation, and the Global Community. The Photo/Video Assistant works onsite directly with the 3HO Director of Marketing, Gurudev Kaur.
- Provide your own photography and video equipment. The minimum you will need: a DSLR camera for the best image quality, speed, large ISO range, control, and optical quality.
- Attachable flash for indoor/evening shots is desired, but not required.
- Please bring an external hard drive to retain your images.
- Please shoot at minimum 300 DPI – JPEG format.
By accepting this service exchange you will provide 3HO Foundation International all photos/film footage and permission to use at its discretion said photos/film footage in perpetuity.
- Arrive by Sunday June 30th at 2 pm
- Be ready to serve that night at 6 pm, Sunday, June 30th.
- Serve until noon on Sunday July 7.
- Provide a disc of all photos to 3HO by July 22nd.
Sadhana/Gurdwara Assistant - Closed
Sadhana and Gurdwara Manager: Gian Dharam Kaur
You will help the Gurdwara Manager will all aspects of setting up, breaking down, and running the Gurdwara during camp. You will also help to make sure the Sadhana schedule is filled for each day.
Some skills that we are looking for in this position is familiarity with all aspects of Morning Sadhana, and especially familiarity with serving in Gurdwara. Ability to make prasad, do ardas, and read hukams (english is ok!) is are major pluses!!
- Arrive and be ready to serve Saturday, June 29th at 9 am
- Serve until Noon on Sunday July 7h.
- Good working knowledge and experience serving in Gurdwara and with all the elements of the Aquarian Sadhana.
- You are dedicated to serving and are definitely a morning person!
Programming Assistant - Closed
Programming Manager: Haridass Kaur
The Programming Assistant works with the Programming Manager to manage and coordinate the needs of the daily schedule. This may include announcing or posting schedule changes, checking in with teachers regarding any materials needed, coordinating the needs of special activities/trip and anything else that comes up to help camp programming smoothly.
- Arrive by Saturday, June 29th by 3pm.
- Be ready to serve at 9 am on Sunday, June 30th.
- Serve until noon Sunday July 7th.
Registration Assistant- Closed
Registration Manager: Tarandeep Kaur
The Registration Assistant works with the Registration Manager to cover all on-site registration needs for IWC. This may include: setting up the registration area, being available each day of IWC to orient/register day visitors etc. The Registration Assistant is able to attend almost all of the programming.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, a plus.
- Arrive by 3:00 p.m. Saturday, June 29th.
- Be ready to serve by 9 am on Sunday, June 30th.
- Serve until noon on Sunday, July 7th.
The sacred sound current is one of the most critical aspects of a successful Women’s Camp. From Morning Sadhana to the evening video course, the community relies on the Sound Team to manage all of our audio and video needs in a conscious and professional way. The Sound Assistant works with the Sound Manager to create a schedule to meet all Sound/AV needs of IWC.
- Experience with Sound, Video equipment and technology.
- Arrive by Friday, June 28th at 6pm
- Be ready to serve on Saturday, June 29th at 9am.
- Serve until all equipment has been taken down and stored on Sunday July 7st (approximately 3pm).