3HO Foundation’s International Women’s Camp wouldn’t happen without Service Exchange participants.
The success of the event depends on your dedication and commitment to doing seva (selfless service), one of the most powerful limbs of yoga. If you choose this powerful opportunity for spiritual growth, you will become an indispensable part of the backbone of this extraordinary event.
3HO’s Commitment to the Service Exchange Team
3HO supports you in a rewarding service experience and facilitates your participation in the IWC programming. Most Service Exchange participants can expect to participate in the majority of the program events.
Your Commitment to the Service Exchange Team, 3HO, and the Global Community
As an IWC Service Exchange Team member your principal commitment is to make your service area successful. As a member of the team, you will serve approximately 4-5 hours a day in your service area.
Arrival, departure, and service dates vary depending on the service area. You must be available for the entire duration of the service dates.
Click on the Area Title below to apply for a Service Exchange. You may apply to up to 2 teams.
Kitchen Manager: Deva Whyte Khalsa
The kitchen is a wonderful place to serve all who come to IWC. It is quite busy at times, with a lot of activity, interaction, and warmth of heart. This position will require that you miss some class time each day, but the kitchen is the heart of camp. If you love to serve by cooking, this is the team for you.
There are 3 shifts (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner), each 4 hours long. Please specify your interest and experience when you apply. We request people with some Solstice or IWC kitchen experience for the Breakfast shift. The Lunch shift will miss the morning programming and the Dinner shift will miss the afternoon programming.
- Love working in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning!
- Dedication to service each day.
- Arrive by 5 p.m. Sunday, June 28 and be ready to work starting at 8 am Monday, June 29th.
- Serve until noon on Sunday July 5th.
Kitchen Coordinator - Closed
The Kitchen Coordinator works with the Kitchen Manager to facilitate meal, snack and drink delivery from the kitchen down to camp, as well as coordinate the Kitchen Karma Yogi and Service Exchange shifts with the Kitchen Manager.
She will also be responsible for communicating with those with special dietary restrictions, camp staff, and other campers in order to assure comfortable and smooth communication between the kitchen and the camp.
An interest in food; experience managing staff; the ability to stay balanced under pressure; a positive, easy communication style; and a true desire to make such a commitment to the camp are a must!
- Arrive by 6 pm, Thursday, June 25th
- Start working Friday, June 26th at 9am
- Serve until 7 pm on Sunday, July 5th
Sadhana and Gurdwara Manager:
You will help the Gurdwara Manager will all aspects of setting up, breaking down, and running the Gurdwara during camp. You will also help to make sure the Sadhana schedule is filled for each day.
Some skills that we are looking for in this position is familiarity with all aspects of Morning Sadhana, and especially familiarity with serving in Gurdwara. Ability to make prasad, do ardas, and read hukams (English is ok!) are major pluses!!
- Arrive by 6 pm Saturday, June 27th and be ready to serve Sunday, June 28th at 8 am
- Serve until 7 pm on Sunday July 5th to help break down the Gurdwara area.
- Good working knowledge and experience serving in Gurdwara and with all the elements of the Aquarian Sadhana.
- You are dedicated to serving and are definitely a morning person!
The Programming & Sound Assistants works with the Programming Manager to manage and coordinate the needs of the daily schedule. This may include announcing or posting schedule changes, checking in with teachers regarding any materials needed, coordinating the needs of special activities/trips and anything else that comes up to help camp programming run smoothly. In addition, this individual will assist with the Sound/AV needs of IWC. The sacred sound current is one of the most critical aspects of a successful Women’s Camp. From Morning Sadhana through evening programming, you’ll will help run all sound and video equipment.
- Arrive by 6 pm Saturday, June 27th
- Be ready to serve at 8 am on Sunday, June 28th
- Serve until 7pm Sunday, July 5th to help breakdown the teaching tents
Photography/Video Exchange – Closed
The Photo/Video Exchange position is to provide inspirational, uplifting, quality photos and videos to 3HO Foundation and the Global Community. You will be taking photos of classes and activities in addition to capturing the Women’s Camp experience on film. All footage is the property of 3HO Foundation and will be used in marketing efforts both in print and on-line. By accepting this service exchange you will provide 3HO Foundation International all film and photo footage and permission to use at its discretion said footage in perpetuity.
3HO Contact: Rion Singh Lyle, [email protected]
- Service times vary, but you should always have your camera with you.
- Arrive by 6 pm Saturday, June 27th
- Prepared to begin working Monday June 29th.
- Serve until 7pm Sunday, July 5th
- Transfer of all video and pictures to 3HO by July 22nd.
- Provide your own video/photo equipment.
- Provide your own photography and video equipment. The minimum you will need: a DSLR camera for the best image quality, speed, large ISO range, control, and optical quality.
- Attachable flash for indoor/evening shots is desired, but not required.
- Please bring an external hard drive to retain your images.
- Please shoot at minimum 300 DPI – JPEG format.
By accepting this service exchange you will provide 3HO Foundation International all photos/film footage and permission to use at its discretion said photos/film footage in perpetuity.
Events Assistant - Closed
This position is responsible for our various transportation, shopping, and any other administrative needs onsite. This position also takes care of some transitional duties between then end of Solstice and the beginning of Women’s Camp. You will work closely with the IWC Director and IWC Camp Manager. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Delivering luggage and equipment between the Guru Ram Das Puri parking lot and Shakti Valley.
- Handle transportation coordination of the IWC vehicles
- Bringing women who go from Solstice to Women’s Camp into town to various locations on the Saturday before camp begins.
- Shuttle people on special field trips.
- Shopping for the kitchen on the Saturday and Sunday before camp and during the week.
- Facilitates Camp Break-down on the last day of Camp
- Assist in break-down and returning materials around Espanola, etc.
- Be available to assist camp at any and all times.
- Ability to miss a small amount of class time each day, coordinate with the kitchen staff, and be on time with all deliveries.
- A valid U.S. or international driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Patience, energy, cheerfulness, and stamina.
- Arrive by 6 p.m. on Friday, June 27th.
- Be ready to serve Saturday, June 28th at 10 am.
- Serve until Sunday, July 6th, 7 pm