Yogi Bhajan recommended connecting deeply with Mother Earth at Winter Solstice and recommend camping to stay connected to that earthy energy. The Winter Solstice event site, Circle F Dude Ranch, offers options of tent camping, cabin camping, and RV camping.
Tent Camping (no extra charge)
Most attendees bring their own tents and camping gear. Please set up your tent in the designated tenting areas. Tenting is free of charge.
You do not have to register for a tent site, they are first-come, first-served in designated areas.
Portalets and outdoor showers are nearby.
DESIGNATED CABIN BATHROOMS FOR TENTERS:
- Cabin M7 for Women & Cabin M8 for Men in the Men’s Cabins area are designated for tent campers
- Campers may not enter any of the other cabins to use their bathroom facilities.
- No Women’s cabins are designated for tenting bathrooms.
- Tent Campers are not to use any other cabin bathrooms except for M7 & M8.
- If you are a tent camper and are not satisfied with the bathroom facilities, you may wish to rent a cabin space.
Top bunk, lower bunk, red bunk, blue bunk….
Bunks are available for reservation on a First-come, First-serve basis.
However, 3HO reserves several bottom bunks for seniors (55+) and disabled attendees who could not otherwise attend. Please register early to reserve these spaces if you cannot use a top buck.
If you need a lower bunk and all the available spots are chosen, please email [email protected] for a reserved spot. The reserved spots require a code from 3HO to register.
If you can use a top bunk, please choose this option!
3HO reserves the right to re-assign able-bodied people to higher bunks if needed.
There are a total of 16 cabins on site. 8 cabins are on the Men’s side including 2 family cabins, 1 senior couples cabin, and 2 bathroom cabins for tenters; 10 cabins are on the Women’s side.
- Each cabin has 6 bunk beds for a total of 12 sleeping spaces. The bunk beds have covered mattresses. Please bring your own bedding.
- Each cabin as a shower, toilet, sink, and hot and cold running water. Please bring your own towels.
- Cabins have electricity and heaters. However, please bring blankets/sleeping bag for warmth as the heaters are not heavy duty or designed for the winter temperatures which can be as low as 30 degrees.
You may purchase cabin spaces when you register for Winter Solstice on-line. Please be aware that cabin spaces are limited, we have 120 spaces for women, 36 spaces for men, 6 bunk beds for senior couples, and 12 bunk beds for families….. so register early if you really can’t tent. You will receive an email confirmation for your cabin space(s) with your registration confirmation for the Winter Solstice Event.
- General Cabin: For attendees who are comfortable with activity and noise up until 10 p.m and as early as 3 a.m. $154/bunk space
- Quiet Cabin: If you prefer a quiet place to go to during the day, early to bed and later to rise. (no sadhana) $154/bunk space
Please take conversations outside of the cabin if anyone is napping during the day. The general atmosphere is quiet, quiet, quiet.
- Sadhana Cabin: Early to bed, early to rise, expect an active cabin starting at 3 a.m. and lights out and quiet by 9:00 p.m. (an hour earlier than all camp). $154/bunk space
If you want to go to Sadhana but like to stay up late then please register for a General Cabin Space.
- Sadhana/Quiet: This cabin is quiet during the day like the regular Quiet Cabin (see above) and super quiet after 9:00 p.m.
- General/Sadhana: Quiet by 9:00 p.m. like the regular Sadhana cabins but no quiet regulations during the day; just the normal courtesy such as being more subdued if someone is napping.
- Family Cabin: For families with children under 18. $262/bunk bed (special family rate)
This year when families register for spaces in a cabin you will be registering for the entire bunk bed (top and bottom). It is up to you how you use the bunk bed. You can have 2 children (no more than 2) in a lower bunk if they’ll fit, or if you have a young one you sleep with, you can do so and have another child or the other parent on the top bunk. If you are a single parent and sleep with your child, you can use the upper bunk for your luggage and other personal items and sleep in the bottom bunk. You can bring a spread and put it over the top bunk and have a curtain for privacy over the bottom bunk. Circle F Camp has asked that we please have our attendees refrain from moving the bunks in the cabins.
- Senior Couples Cabin: For adults 55+. $308 bunk bed
If you and your partner are 55+ and wish to stay in the same cabin you can select a bunk bed in a cabin. You will be registering for the entire bunk bed (top and bottom); if you both need bottom bunks you will have to stay in separate Men’s and Women’s Cabins, tent or bring an RV. Please refer to the lower bunk protocol above if you need that option.
Cabins are labeled as follows:
||Men, Families, and Tenter Showers
If you have worked in management, as a mediator, psychologist, or any field were resolving emotional issues is part of the skill set, then we need you as a Cabin Captain. You must also feel comfortable being directive in establishing cabin routines and responsibilities when necessary. This is not a position of authority but one of guidance and we need individuals with a firm but soft touch. If you feel you would serve well in this area please fill out our application Click Here.
RV’s and Tent Trailers
There are designated areas for RV’s and Tent Trailers; there will be no parking by cabins. RV’s cannot run cords to cabins for power; there is no power available so RV’s must run on their own generators or go without power.
Yogi Bhajan recommended that Solstice participants stay on-site at the campground to be close to the earth. However, if you need other accommodations such as a hotel for any reason, please visit the City of Lake Wales website for more information on local hotels and bed and breakfasts.
Previous Solstice attendees have recommended Hampton Inn
The closest Hotel is Green Gables, which may be the least expensive.
Another option is the Holiday Inn, which is a nice Hotel
Directions from Hampton Inn to Circle F Dude Ranch:
- Travel south on Highway US-27 heading towards East Mountain Lake Cutoff Road (go 1.8 miles)
- Take ramp towards Vero Beach (go 0.2 miles)
- Turn left onto FL-60 (go 6.4 miles)
- Turn right on Dude Ranch Rd (go 0.5 miles)
- Arrive at Circle “F” Dude Ranch.