To make your experience at Winter Solstice more comfortable please bring the following items:
- Layered clothing appropriate for yoga practice, karma yoga, and playing
- Hooded windbreaker
- Warm winter coat and/or outerwear (It get’s down to 30 degrees at night!)
- Hat (for both sun and cold) and gloves
- Rain gear
- Sleeping bag, warm bedding, sleeping pad, as well as blankets suitable for cold temperatures. Pillow and sheets. Cabin bunks contain only a thin mattress; please bring your own sheets.
- Lighter clothing and bathing suit for swimming
- Headcover for Gurdwara if attending
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- A shawl or blanket and thick socks for cool mornings
- Sheepskin or yoga mat, warm blanket and/or coat for morning sadhana
- Toiletries (including sunscreen, lip balm, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.) and towels, these items are not for sale on site
- Battery powered alarm clock and batteries
- Daypack to hold the things you will want to have with you over the course of each day
- Flashlight with spare batteries
- White cotton clothing and white cotton head covering for White Tantric Yoga
- Eating utensils, bowl, plate, cup (for hot and cold beverages), and cloth napkins
- Water bottle
- Personal first aid kit
- For those tenting, please bring a waterproof tent with a rain flap.
- If staying in cabins, earplugs are recommended
Please label your luggage with the following information: name, phone number, email and home address.
Please Note: It is generally humid and often rains ranging from a drizzle to a torrential downpour. Temperatures have occasionally dropped below freezing.
What NOT to Bring
Please keep in mind the preservation of the ecological balance of the solstice site as you select items to bring with you.
- Please do not bring any aerosol sprays
- Use items that have only a minimum of disposable packaging
- Bring washable eating utensils for all members of your family; do not bring disposable plates and cups
What NOT to Leave
- Nothing should be left, we are a ‘leave no trace’ site so please take with you whatever you bring!
- Do not donate your sleeping bags, tents, or any other articles you have bought or brought that you do not want to take home. Consider buying a sleeping bag that is meant for traveling that you will want to keep. We’re working on keeping the planet green. Thank you for respecting this request.