Parent Solstice Youth Camp Co-op meetings (meeting location chart will be available in the Registration Trailer):
9:15 - Saturday & Sunday
Activities including clown, art, and music will be provided for the younger children during the meeting and teens may go to the pool.
SYCC Parent Meetings are obligatory. The other karma yoga groups meet during this time so there are no programs so you won’t be missing anything.
SYCC Parent Meetings Include:
- Opportunities to co-op with other parents on the days that SYCC is not offered.
- Building support systems with other parents and the SYCC Service Exchanges.
- Learning your responsibilities as guides on the day you serve and other directives and information that will support your children’s experience at the event.
- Practicing the Ether Tattva with other parents
Parent’s Karma Yoga:
- All parents whether you have one or several children serve one day at SYCC. This includes teen parents.
- Our veteran managers and exchange participants suggest that you choose an area other than the one your child is in, because children tend to behave differently when parents are present, and may not engage as much with the other children and adults, which is part of the fun of camp.
- You know your child best so if you feel that he/she will be in extreme stress, this should be considered in your choice of which group you work with.
- Parents are expected to have cell phone numbers on their registration form (this will be on the child’s badge) so we can contact you if necessary.
- We find that sometimes children refuse to drink enough water; in this environment hydration is a must and children can become very emotional if they have not had enough to drink. Please make sure they are hydrated prior to coming to the co-op, and encourage them to drink throughout the day. If your child appears to be suffering from dehydration and refuses to drink, you will be contacted.
- We have had parents in the past who have not shown up for their Karma Yoga day. This puts extra stress on the parents that do come, and on the children. Please be sure to participate and enjoy the day.
- The choices for Karma Yoga are available when you register on-line. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your participation please contact [email protected]