Service Area Managers are Service Exchange participants interested in taking their service experience to the next level. You should be an accomplished Service Exchange participant who is interested in making a long-term commitment to Solstice. A Service Area Manager’s service commitment includes, but is not limited to:
- Daily staff meetings
- Preparation for Solstice throughout the year
- Building your team of Service Exchange members and outlining your Karma Yoga needs
- Managing your Service Exchange members and Karma Yogis at Solstice
- Leading your Service Exchange members and Karma Yoga team in the daily meditation and check-in on site
A Service Area Manager’s time commitment is “whatever it takes.” As a Service Area Manager, your Solstice experience is intense and focused in your area of service. If you’re interested in supporting the 3HO®mission through dedicated service, consider applying for a Service Area Manager position. As compensation for the work, dedication, and energy needed for serving as an Area Manager, all managers pay a reduced tuition of $120 for the event.
Solstice Youth Camp Co-op Positions
Requirements: Participants who have a special talent for serving children and young people are encouraged to sign up to be activity leaders and care coordinators for the Program. Applicant must have attended at least four Sinter Solstice Sadhana Events and participated with children's camp in some way, either as parents or guides. Must be 20 years or older. Managers will be able to participate in two days of White Tantric Yoga. Applicant must provide two professional references able to verify capacity and responsibility with children. If interested, please contact the SYCC Manager, Japjeet Kaur, at [email protected]
Summer Solstice Sadhana Celebration needs the following Service Area Manager positions:
Grounds Manager (2)
We are looking for people to serve as Grounds Managers for 2014 Summer Solstice. These managers would work as a team to manage all the Service Exchanges, Karma Yogis, and workload for the Grounds Area. There are 3 main areas of Grounds Service: Bathrooms (cleaning and stocking all bathrooms and shower areas), Repair and Maintenance (responding to major issues requiring attention; requires special skills), and Grounds Patrol (includes patrolling all camp areas for clean-up and proper function).
The Grounds Manager should be energetically available and effective at accomplishing the tasks required to keep camp running. Ideally, one or both candidates will have some background in hands-on maintenance and repair, have experience managing large groups of people, and have attended several Summer Solstices
2. First Aid Manager (1)
As a co-manager to First Aid, you will work with one other experienced manager to oversee the operation of staff, organization and flow of the First Aid Department. We are a team of about 25 staff with various roles to serve the camp's medical needs. Every year we have a wonderful team of intelligent, compassionate people who love to serve, and there is a nice family feeling that happens naturally.
First Aid Manager must work well in a team, and work in close partnership with the other co-manager of First Aid, Guru Soorya Kaur. She will guide and train you in the necessary duties, fast learners are encouraged to apply!
Duties include overseeing set-up and breakdown of First Aid trailer, reviewing applications & choosing the team, attending morning Manager meetings, facilitating morning First Aid meetings, creating work shift schedule, sometimes being on radio call at night, and various tasks that come up during Solstice.
Managers will be able to participate in at least two days of White Tantric Yoga.
Please be able to:
- Arrive by Wednesday June 18th by 12 p.m
- Start work on Wednesday June 18th at 3pm.
- Serve until noon on Saturday June 28th.
Required skills include:
- Excellent organizational skills - Ability to be self-directed in prioritizing and completing multiple tasks on reasonable deadlines.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills - Ability to communicate with co-manager, team and camp-wide members clearly, authentically & professionally. Inspirational leadership that sets the tone of respect & teamwork.
- Flexibility - We work as a team, and sometimes things come up in First Aid that you will need to make first priority at Solstice. That being said, we do our best to support & cover for each other, and encourage self-care with reasonable work hours.
- Available immediately & tech-savvy - Manager duties begin immediately, as there is some work to be done before Solstice begins, including reviewing applications to build our team, other logistics, and working with 3HO in preparation. This mainly includes a lot of email communications, so please be computer savvy and able to use Google Documents. Some phone conversations with co-manager are also expected.
- Personable & Sense of Humor! We hold a space of safety at Solstice that we execute with skill and professionalism, and we also try to keep relaxed and laugh a lot. It's a people-person type of job :-).
Preferred applicants will have:
- Attended at least one Summer Solstice before.
- Worked in First Aid before.
- Proven Leadership experience as a manager.
To apply, please email First Aid Manager, Guru Soorya Kaur:[email protected]
If considered, you will be asked to provide one letter of recommendation and contact info for one more reference who can vouch for your managerial & leadership skills, character and integrity.