Karma Yoga is how daily operations happen at our Solstice Sadhana Event. You sign up for Karma Yoga when you register. Your seva is deeply appreciated by all.
Karma Yoga Opportunities Include:
Divine Souls Foot Soaking Station: Summer in New Mexico is hard on our tootsies so we need many hands to refresh the water tubs, give people pumice stones, oils and creams for their feet and help set them up so they can work on reviving their feet.
Outdoor Dishwashing: We keep the outdoor dish washing stations for personal dishes clean, warm, and sudsy.
Electrolyte/Hydration Team: Altitude and a dry climate are conditions that make for very thirsty beings so help quench their thirst and keep them happy, healthy, holy and hydrated.
First Aid: Keep the first aid building tidy and clean so that medical professionals can assist those in need.
Grounds and Green Teams: General maintenance, soap and hand sanitizer team, restocking toilet paper, bathroom cleaning, etc. Manage landfill bin removal as well as recycling and composting efforts.
- Veggie Washers & Choppers: Scrub-a-dub-dubbing the veggies then aaaah, the joy of making bite-size portions for the ease of edibility and digestion.
- Sadhana Soup Sevadars: Start to heat up the soups each morning at 5 am.
- Bean and Rice Brigade: Tend the beans and rice to perfect completion. Sort and rinse rice, then follow the recipe to add veggies and spices. Set up and cook carrots and beets.
- Dinner Prep and Soup Starters: Come to the kitchen 1½ hours before dinner is served and transfer the food from pots to buckets and wash enough pots to get the soup started early. Cook the soup until the veggies are soft, then turn the soups off for what is left of a good night’s sleep. This may take place during the last exercise on White Tantric Yoga®days.
- Tabouli Titans: On non-Tantric days, make our delicious lunch. Work on the langar and special meals and help out in any other area on Tantric days.
- Outside Dish Washing: Setting up and tearing down the outdoor washing station for campers.
- Kitchen Clean Up and Dishwashing: Keep the kitchen as clean as possible all the time. Make a schedule to work throughout the day.
- Kitchen Greeters- Greet visitors to the kitchen and help direct inquiries.
Luggage: Help welcome new arrivals at solstice, unload their luggage, pick a tenting spot, and take their luggage in the shuttle to each camping site.
Sound: Aid in monitoring the sound equipment for classes and programs.
Tent Set-up: Assist people who need help in setting up their tents.
KYSS: Help to educate people about their Karma Yoga participation during registration, and round up the camp for their Karma Yoga meetings each morning.
Meal Serving: Serve breakfast, lunch or dinner daily.
Security: Various security duties, including monitoring the safety and policies of the camp.
Tantric Burgers: Preparing special vegetarian burgers in the early morning for lunches on the three White Tantric Yoga® days.
Watermelon: Cut and serve watermelon for participants.
Yogi Tea and Golden Milk: Prep and serve Yogi Tea daily and Golden Milk during the three White Tantric Yoga® days.
Solstice Youth Co-op: If you are a parent or guardian, your Karma Yoga will be to serve one Tantric day and 1/2 of a Non-Tantric Day in the area your child is participating in during the six days of SYC.
- Baby Camp (0-2)
- Toddler Camp (3 & 4)
- Children’s Camp (5-7)
- Youth Camp (8-11)
- Teen Camp (12-17)