Code of Conduct
- This is a drug-free, alcohol-free, and smoke-free camp. Click here to read about Yogi Bhajan's teachings on Kundalini Yoga and the use of recreational drugs.
- While we share in the love for our animal friends, please do not bring your pets. We cannot accommodate them on site.
- Please leave your environment cleaner than when you arrived. We ask that you “pack it in and pack it out” (if you brought it in, please take it with you when you leave). However, compost, recycle and landfill containers are provided to serve you. More on Solstice ECO-3HO.
- Please turn off cell phones and all other personal electronics before participating in Morning Sadhana, Workshops and White Tantric Yoga®.
- Solstice Sadhana Celebration is a vegetarian event and non-vegetarian foods are not permitted including eggs and fish.
- Photography and filming are not permitted during White Tantric Yoga®. Flash photography is not permitted during Morning Sadhana.
- Candles, matches, incense and other combustible materials are prohibited at Solstice Sadhana Celebrations unless they have been approved by 3HO for use in all-camp activities.
- Criminal activity will not be tolerated. If you are suspected of criminal activity you will be investigated by 3HO staff and local law enforcement. If you are found guilty of criminal activity you may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and restricted from attending future 3HO events.
- All-Camp quiet hours are 9:45pm – 3:15am except in designated areas and with 3HO Administration approval.
- No firearms or weapons are allowed on the premises, including Conceal Carry of handguns. Kirpans are allowed.
- What we wear reflects our Spirit. Please wear clothes that reflect your grace and radiance. Clothing should include undergarments. Transparent clothing is not appropriate.
- Any conduct deemed inappropriate by 3HO may be grounds for dismissal from camp.
- 3HO reserves the right to remove any participant not adhering to the camp Code of Conduct.
Every year we hire the Rio Arriba County Sheriff Department to provide onsite security at our event. In the case of an emergency, a reported theft or any other criminal activity we will report to the onsite deputy on duty. We also staff a volunteer security service exchange team that monitors the flow of traffic in and out of camp, roams the camp area and the bazaar, and is available to respond to emergency situations and to communicate with the authorized deputy concerning actionable events. 3HO Foundation International is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please secure valuables in your vehicle or keep them on your person in a small back pack during the day. We will do our utmost to help you recover lost or stolen property, but you are solely responsible for your own possesions, please keep this in mind when you are packing for the event.
We understand that computers and cell phones are part of the Aquarian Age. During the event we ask that you consider the sacred atmosphere we are creating at Summer Solstice so please choose to be discreet about usage. Phones: If you must use a cell phone, please use discretion. Reception at the Solstice site is reasonable but not excellent. We require that you please turn off your phones during workshops, classes, meditations, and White Tantric Yoga®. Internet: We do not provide internet connection; it is recommended that you leave your computers at home. 3HO® Foundation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Please leave your environment cleaner than when you arrived. We ask that you “pack it in and pack it out” (if you brought it in, please take it with you when you leave). However, compost, recycle, and landfill containers are provided to serve you. Summer Solstice takes place on the sacred land of Guru Ram Das Puri, which 3HO® Foundation rents from LYF (Legacy of Yogiji Foundation). LYF manages the property and makes improvements throughout the year in collaboration with 3HO Foundation. In cooperation with LYF, 3HO Foundation supports sustainable use of Guru Ram Das Puri. Click here for more information on Summer Solstice Eco-3HO policies.
Filming and Photography
3HO® Foundation encourages you to record your experiences at Solstice through filming and photography. We are happy for you to share your reflections of Solstice, and we consider this to be a valuable way of communicating the joy and vibrancy of the Global Community of Living Yoga. Please be sensitive to the privacy of others, use your intuition to decide whether you are being intrusive or not. We also need your consent to share the words and images that our Photography Team records during the event. Please review the guidelines for Filming and Photography so that issues of privacy and copyright are well understood. You will be required to sign this consent and release/liability form at on-site registration: By signing below, I allow 3HO Foundation to include my recorded or transcribed personal testimonial, or excerpts from it, as well as photographs and/or videos of me and/or my children (the “Testimonial(s)”) in 3HO’s promotional materials (the “Material(s)”). I agree that 3HO may tape and photograph me and/or my children and record my voice and conversation during and in connection with the Testimonial (the “Recording”). I also understand that there is no payment due to me in connection with my Testimonial or Recording. I agree that 3HO shall be the author and the exclusive owner of all copyrighted and other rights in and to such Testimonial and Recording. I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge, any statements made by me in the Testimonial and Recording will be true and will not violate or infringe upon any third party’s rights. Attendees are prohibited from taking pictures or recording (video or audio) teachers, classes, workshops, and White Tantric Yoga® exercises without prior consent. The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan are copyrighted by the Kundalini Research Institute (KRI). In the event cameras and audio/video recorders are being used in violation of this requirement, we reserve the right to take possession of the tape(s), film(s), disc(s), and if necessary, equipment.
Each year at the start of Solstice, the management team is educated by the Española Fire Department on protocol in the event of a fire. We take this training annually to remind ourselves of the potential for fire and how to respond and take care of the Solstice Community. The Española Fire Department is aware and alert to our event each year. The Legacy of Yogiji Foundation (LYF) maintains the fire extinguishers on site at GRDP and each season they are checked and charged as needed. Fire extinguishers are placed as per fire safety regulations. Each year LYF clears brush, dead trees, and maintains a fire break. LYF also maintains the length of grass throughout Guru Ram Das Puri, and all grass in the parking area is mowed prior to the event to ensure safety. As a participant, you contribute to fire safety by remembering that all personal fires and cook fires including candles, matches, cigarettes, incense, and other combustible materials are prohibited at Guru Ram Das Puri.
Leaving the Site During Solstice
To maintain your meditative experience, please avoid going off-site. If you do need to go off-site, you must bring your Solstice badge which you will need to show to the Parking and/or Security Team when coming and going. Participants under the age of 18 cannot leave unless chaperoned by their parent or legal guardian. Note: This policy has been created for your safety and so that the Solstice team can be aware of who is on-site or off-site in the case of an emergency.
We have basic first-aid facilities at the Guru Ram Das Puri campsite. An emergency hospital is approximately 25 minutes away in Española. If you are on medication please make sure you bring an adequate supply with you, and continue with your medication use as prescribed by your doctor. Medical doctors, chiropractors, and other health professionals are available on site to provide first aid for acute medical conditions. If you have any special health needs or are taking any medications, please fill out our Adult Medical Form. Please be certain to bring your proof of proper Medical Insurance or money in case of major medical emergency. If you have any specific concerns regarding how this activity may affect your health, please consult your physician before your program begins. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service. Please Note: Kundalini Yoga is a powerful ancient tradition, but should not be used as a substitute for regular or necessary medical care or prescribed medications.
What to Bring and Not to Bring
To make your experience at Solstice more comfortable and eco-friendly, please take a look at a suggested list of things to bring.