May 2013 KundaLiving: The Power of Mantra
"Mantras are not small things, mantras have power. They are the mind vibration in relationship to the Cosmos. The science of mantra is based on the knowledge that sound is a form of energy having structure, power, and a definite predictable effect on the chakras and the human psyche." ~ Yogi Bhajan
There is a vibratory frequency that corresponds to everything in the Universe. Happiness or sorrow, joy or regret are vibratory frequencies in the mind. When we chant a mantra we are choosing to invoke the positive power contained in those particular syllables. Whether it’s for prosperity, peace of mind, increasing intuition, or any other possible benefits inherent in mantras, simply by chanting them we are setting vibrations into motion that shall have an effect. It doesn’t actually matter if we understand the meaning of the sounds or not.
Chanting mantra produces specific vibratory frequency within the body. The vibratory frequency of a mantra draws to you whatever you are vibrating. You are like a magnet attracting vibrations to you by what you send out. As a vibration, a mood, a state of being that results from chanting, mantra is compatible with all belief systems.
Chanting is an amazing and powerful part of the practice of Kundalini Yoga. When we sing or repeat mantras, we call the heavens down to the Earth. The heavens begin to manifest in our own hearts. That is why chanting makes people feel so good, even if they do not understand the meaning of the words.
- How do you use mantras in your daily life?
- Do you have a favorite mantra?
- Do you listen to mantras during the day?
- What is the most profound thing you have experienced during chanting?
- Do you have questions about mantras in Kundalini Yoga – their pronunciation, where they come from or what they mean?
This month, 3HO is happy to share some insights about mantra. We hope you enjoy these tools. May they strengthen your own relationship with and enjoyment of chanting.
Related Blog Posts
- Living Your Destiny:
- What I Know about the Aquarian Sadhana:
- Kundalini Yoga: The Healthy, Happy, Holy Breath:
- Meditation: A Simple Process:
- Mantras—The Seeds of Virtue (with Sat Kriya Video):
- Mantra—The Experience of Self Transcend-Dance…The Power is in The Seed:
- Numerology and the Sacred Science of Sound:
- Yogi Bhajan Video: Waheguru Mantra and Sodarshan Chakra Kriya Meditation :
- The Unstruck Melody: Understanding the Science of Naad Yoga:
- The Sound Current Brings Bliss to the Operating Room :
- Exalt Yourself into the Heavens through Mantra:
- Unlocking the Power of Mantra: Deep Listening:
- 2012 Ether Tattva Mantra:
- My Musical Collaboration with Yogi Bhajan and the Making of "Heal Me":
- The Guru Mantra:
- The Karma Completer:
- The Divine Shield Meditation for Protection and Positivity:
- Kirtan Sohila: The Golden Gift of Peaceful Sleep:
- Kundalini Yoga: Laya Yoga Kriya:
- Meditation for Keeping Up with the Times:
- Patience Pays Affirmation:
- Snatam's Oprah Story:
- Before You Turn the Key:
- I was Not Chanting, I was the Chant:
- Video: Stories of the Master with Ek Ong Kaar Kaur:
- A Song of Peace—Kirtan Soheila:
- Snatam to record Khalsa Youth Camp's Greatest Hits:
- Snatam Kaur Sings in Germany:
- Conquer Your Monkey Mind: Man Jeetai Jag Jeet :
- Alignment at Work in the Aquarian Age:
- A Poem: Morning Call--The Long Chant:
- Naad Yoga and the Healing Power of Sound:
- Queen Be: Sat Purkh Kaur’s Latest Album :
- Kundalini Surjhee:
- Meditation for Absolutely Powerful Energy:
- The Mantra for Miracles: Dhan Dhan Ram Das Gur:
- Adi Shakti by GuruGanesha Singh: