Your donation makes a difference! Your continued support and the belief in the mission of 3HO helps continue services that bring virtual opportunities for global connection through our website, educational tools such as online webinars and lifestyle support, and transformational events. Growth of our expanding global community is your legacy ̶ you can help people everywhere to be Healthy, Happy, and Holy!
You are here
"Some of you who are sitting here will become great Teachers of the Age of Aquarius. You must understand that you have to build your character first. Care for yourself, be kind to yourself, be compassionate to yourself. That is what you have to do."
-Yogi Bhajan, 4/23/97
As Yogi Bhajan often said, he came to create teachers, not to gather students. He saw every student as a potential teacher. He eventually developed a worldwide network of teachers who have spread their wings and helped to heal others with their kindness, compassion, and a lot of Kundalini Yoga and meditation. Whether you were a new student or an 'advanced' student, in the eyes of Yogiji, you were a teacher in the making.
Everyone is a student, and everyone is a teacher. If you are striving to live a healthy, happy, and holy life, you are serving as an example and guide to others. An Aquarian teacher becomes a forklift for the soul, a lighthouse of hope, an institution of integrity, trust, and humility.
“People are in pain, and they need the pain alleviated. They need to know that you can see that pain. If a person is hungry, first feed him. To a starving person, food is God. Once he is satisfied and a little secure, he can consider the possibility that God is food. The ability to apply consciousness will make you a good teacher.” [Aquarian Teacher, p. 265]
Dive deeply into the concept of The Aquarian Teacher and consider the ways in which you are able to guide others to their healthy, happy, holy birthright.
Yogi Bhajan Quotes and Lectures
On Teaching Kundalini Yoga 3/23/90
The Spiritual Teacher 9/18/71
Kundalini Yoga Technology
Blogs on Having a Teacher, Becoming a Teacher, Being a Teacher
A True Teacher of the Aquarian Age by Catalyst Yogi
Becoming a Teacher - Capital T by Sat Purkh Kaur
Poke Provoke Confront Elevate - Kundalini Yoga in Action by Dev Suroop Kaur
The Aquarian Teacher: A Consciousness of Hope by Pritpal Kaur
Being a Teacher by Shakti Parwha Kaur
A Subtle Shift: Being a Teacher since Yogi Bhajan’s Passing by Krishna Kaur
Teaching Styles: “You Should Know You” by Kathe Forrest/Siri Kirin
Making Sense in an Age of Change: Our Role as Aquarian Teachers by Devjot Singh
Seeing Eye to Eye with the Master by Guruka Singh
The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face by Sat Nirmal Kaur
Immerse Yourself Within Yourself by Atmabir Kaur
Blogs on Teaching to Specialized Populations
- New Children's Yoga Therapy
- Teaching Trauma-Sensitive Kundalini Yoga
- Immune Fitness: Teaching Kundalini Yoga to People Living with HIV
- Perfect Children’s Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga for People with Multiple Sclerosis
- SuperHealth Specialy Training
- The Healing Power of Teaching Kundalini Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga in Lurigancho Prison, Peru
- Yoga Class Helps War Veterans Heal Unseen Scars
- Satraj Kaur teaches the special children of Mexico!
- Police in Colombia get Kundalini Yoga Training
- Beats and Breathing for Healing
If you are a Kundalini Yoga teacher, be sure to join IKYTA, 3HO's International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association.
You may also be interested in:
- IKYTA is the Home of the Teachers
- IKYTA is the Home of the Teachers
- Kundalini Co-Op in San Francisco
- How Kundalini Yoga Saved my Life in Graduate School
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: The Divine Essence of a Teacher
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: The Caliber of a Teacher
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: The Life of a Teacher
- Ask 3HO: Kundalini Yoga and the LGBT Community
- Teacher Training in China: The Seed of Consciousness Unfolds
- The Importance of Creating Community (Video)