Kriya for Inner Vitality and Stamina
This kriya unleashes the energy that is within you. It begins by stimulating the Navel Point energy and releasing the reserve energy that is stored there. It brings that energy to all the meridians in the body.
Then the exercises systematically awaken the same flow of energy from the solar plexus up to the throat. The kriya then guides the energy to the higher centers and glands.
Finally, it opens the energy superhighway of the sushmuna and the spine. The kriya ends with a short navel meditation for healing that creates the effect of Ang Sang Wahe Guru in every cell of your body.
It's a simple set. Its effects are immediate. It's appropriate for beginners and advanced alike.
1. Balance on your toes and fingertips with the knees straight but not locked. Rapidly move your hips from side to side like an animal swishing its tail. Continue for 3 minutes.
2. Sitting in easy pose, lean back to sixty degrees. Fold your arms across your chest and lock your elbows with your hands at diaphragm level. Keep your neck straight with your chin pulled in and roll your shoulders in a forward circle. Continue for 3 minutes.
3. Lie down in baby pose. Bring both hands to the small of your back and interlock your fingers. Raise your arms up into yoga mudra. Continue for 3 minutes.
4. Cross your legs in lotus pose and lean back on your elbows. Continue for 3 minutes.
5. Stretch your legs out in front of you and grab your toes. Bring your head to your knees and come back up. Do this movement rapidly 11 times only. Breathe normally, do not do breath of fire.
6. Sit in easy pose, with your hands in prayer pose at the center of your chest. Focus your eyes at the tip of your nose. Keep your chin in, chest out, and neck straight. Pump your navel point and imagine 30 trillion points of light in and around you. Continue for 3 minutes. To finish: inhale deeply, hold your breath and tighten every muscle of your body. Hold the breath for 10 seconds and then exhale through the mouth explosively like cannon fire. Repeat this 2 more times.
©The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan
From Physical Wisdom, p. 15 and The Aquarian Teacher, Vitality and Stress Student Manual p. 10-14.