3HO on Facebook

go to kriteachings.org

How/why is this meditation helping me?

This 90 Day Sadhana includes 40 Day Pre-Solstice Sadhana, 10 days of Solstice and 40 Day Post Solstice sadhana. Daily chanting 11 minutes of the Ethere tattva Wahe Guru Mantrs. Sign up to get daily emails from key Solstice Teachers here: http://www.3ho.org/summer-solstice/prog ... sadhana-3/

How/why is this meditation helping me?

Postby amarpreet » Wed May 09, 2012 1:14 pm

I'd love to hear how you all are doing with the meditation! My initial impression is that my throat in fact feels as though it is physically open, kind of like a yawn, during the entire meditation. The Wahe Guru mantra has a way of doing that I guess. I'm currently doing the meditation every night with my partner; at first she was a little bit off key/pitchy, and I thought that would discourage her from singing, but her pitch has quickly fallen into key, so I'm very excited about that. And, as with most meditations, I'm so grateful upon finishing because my mind and body have had 11 minutes to dedicate to the divine Shabd Guru! I would imagine one of the benefits of this meditation is a more favorable projection... I can't wait to find out!!

Wahe Guru, Wahe Guru, Wahe Guru, etc,
~Amarpreet :D

amarpreet

Spiritual Name: Amarpreet Singh
Legal Name: Derek Whitman

Re: How/why is this meditation helping me?

Postby amarpreet » Mon May 14, 2012 4:35 pm

UPDATE

Sometimes I deal with some resistance to meditating... Does that ever happen to you? Sometimes my mind or ego says to me, "Why is this helping me? What could I possibly be gaining from doing this for 11 minutes every day?" I'm going to explore this a little bit with my next few entries; feel free to join in!

One of the most basic ways that meditating daily helps me is because of the commitment and the repetition, and this helps me build patience - a wonderful life tool. I spent most of my first 37 or so years rejecting and rebelling against discipline and commitment; it was a form of defiance characterized by escapism, drug use, and pleasure seeking. Through frequent and feeble attempts at obtaining quick and easy relief from my stinky, toxic thinking, I sought out instant gratification, and I became accustomed to the quick and easy way out. My world gradually closed in on me - over time those methods no longer provided any relief at all.

By sitting for a period of time every single day whether I'm annoyed, happy, sad, irritated, relaxed, too tired (or whatever else), I am committed to rejecting the quick fix; I'm learning patience and acceptance. I am allowing my body and mind's natural mechanisms for regaining equilibrium to work. Over time I am changing my tendency of volatile reaction to one of contemplative solution orientation. I am allowing neutrality to settle in so that I may access my mind for problem solving. I am gradually changing my personality because I am slowly able to see the benefits of my practice. And why would only 11 minutes a day be enough time to make a long-term psychic change? It's because 11 minutes is really all I need to change my point of attraction to healing mechanisms and away from toxic attitudes.

Wahe Guru!

amarpreet

Postby nycyogagirl333 » Tue May 15, 2012 4:12 pm

I love this meditation. It makes me feel so peaceful and blissful.

nycyogagirl333

Spiritual Name: tej kaur

Postby amarpreet » Tue May 15, 2012 4:54 pm

nycyogagirl333 wrote:I love this meditation. It makes me feel so peaceful and blissful.

And Nirinjan's voice is so pretty and etheric!

amarpreet

Postby amarpreet » Wed May 16, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm going to back up for a moment and ask myself, "Is this meditation helping me?" What I know for sure is that every time I commit to sitting down in meditation with positive intentions, my body and mind reacts positively with each passing minute... My thoughts gradually become clearer, my heart rate slows, and my muscles tend to relax. My jaw loosens and my diaphragm is able to extend more to allow more air into my lungs. My mind is able to drift and refocus, drift and refocus, drift and refocus, etc. until I am no longer annoyed by how my mind drifts (for now). Sometimes ideas pop into my head, but I must be careful not to act upon them without analyzing their merits first (it's often good to discuss these ideas with another person).

I would like some insights about how this specific meditation is affecting me, but that has not come yet...

Wahe Guru, Wahe Guru, Wahe Guru,

Amarpreet

amarpreet

Postby Hari Sangat Singh » Sat May 26, 2012 6:57 pm

This is the most amazing meditation in support of Solstice. The day before yesterday I had such an astounding experience of actually merging completely into the sound current totally beyond body and mind. I became the sound and the chant all at the same time. It was such a beautiful part of this meditation and it made me realize the awesome power of the naad and this meditation in particular. Can't wait to join you all at Solstice too. I know it will be a zillion times better with all of you there. Ang Sang Wahe Guru

Hari Sangat Singh

Postby amarpreet » Mon May 28, 2012 10:32 am

Hari Sangat Singh wrote:This is the most amazing meditation in support of Solstice. The day before yesterday I had such an astounding experience of actually merging completely into the sound current totally beyond body and mind. I became the sound and the chant all at the same time. It was such a beautiful part of this meditation and it made me realize the awesome power of the naad and this meditation in particular. Can't wait to join you all at Solstice too. I know it will be a zillion times better with all of you there. Ang Sang Wahe Guru

Looking forward to meeting you too Ji! I like the way the vibrations from my voice chanting the mantra radiates from my vocal chords all the way down my spine and spreads out to all body parts - very relaxing!!

amarpreet

Postby amarpreet » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:23 am

Thank God for meditation. If I am feeling completely unraveled at the end of my day and chant Wahe Guru, each breath, vibration, and syllable of the mantra wraps around, folds over, and envelops the negative and uncomfortable thoughts in my mind, and wraps a loving shawl around my spirit. Mmmmmmm......

amarpreet

Postby Sukhmani Kaur » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:18 am

It is no problem for me to to do this beautiful meditation every morning before I go to work. But I notice that it is hard for me to concentrate on the mantra. My mind is very busy and all kind of thought come up. I try to keep focus on the mantra, I even use a mala to keep my focus. Does anyone have suggestions to stop my mind from all the busy thoughts?

Sukhmani Kaur

Spiritual Name: Sukhmani Kaur

Postby amarpreet » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:25 am

What a whirlwind Summer Solstice Sadhana experience!!

Anybody out there want to comment on the ongoing meditation? All I can say is thank God for the group consciousness keeping me going because I need your energy as I transition back into society!

Thanks,

Amarpreet

amarpreet

Next

Return to Summer Solstice Support Sadhana: May 5 - Aug 2