3HO on Facebook

go to kriteachings.org

My Kundalini Experience

New to Kundalini Yoga or been doing it for years and have questions, ideas, comments?

My Kundalini Experience

Postby shanyoga » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:25 pm

I came to San Diego to study Accounting at San Diego State University. I have always been easy going and found the stresses of my course load to over take my calm and friendly personality. I began to change the person I was as a result, and lost sight of my true identity.

I was given the advice to try yoga for its physical and mental benefits. After trying a few websites I stumbled upon a yoga class finder site called FindYogaNow.com. They had tons of classes and I was a bit overwhelmed by all the choices and the different styles. Also on their site they had descriptions of each style of class and I decided to get started with a more spiritual and less vigorous class. I was thinking along the lines of a Yin Yoga or Kundalini class. When I searched my area I found that there was a studio only about 5 minutes away from my house that hosted both these styles as well as a restorative class that sounded interesting.

I went to try the Kundalini class first as it was at the right time for me. I came in to the studio and a friendly gal explained what I should be expecting for this class. I was really glad she did, because it was definitely a brand new situation for me. My guide was a fantastic woman by the name of Hari Das. She was gentle and had this magical glow about her. We went through about 30 minutes of warm ups and pranayama exercises. Then she picked out a series that would help free us of what wasn't serving us and increase the energy running through our bodies. We ended in meditation and also did some group chanting.

I left feeling so relaxed and blissed. My school pressures are still around me, but I don't allow them to infiltrate my being. I feel like I am gaining a cushion to protect me from the things that happen that are beyond my control. I am mostly responsible for my own reactions. I look forward to continuing my Kundalini practice and getting to know who I am.

shanyoga

Legal Name: Shannon

Re: My Kundalini Experience

Postby amarpreet » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Thank you for sharing openly and honestly about your initial experiences with Kundalini yoga! I found myself remembering exactly how my first few Kundalini experiences were also groundbreaking in helping me shift to a path of better functioning in and appreciation of all my life experiences.

Please keep us posted!

Sat Nam,

Amarpreet

amarpreet

Spiritual Name: Amarpreet Singh
Legal Name: Derek Whitman

Return to Kundalini Yoga