You are here
Yogic Foods & Recipes
Yogic Foods for Health & Healing
“The three roots—garlic, onion, and ginger—will maintain you through the times and through the age.” ~Yogi Bhajan
These three potent roots, known as the Trinity Roots, are essential for cleansing, sustaining, and producing energy in the body. The beneficial effect of each of them separately is amplified when they are cooked together.
- Fights viruses and bacteria.
- Increases sexual energy that, with the practice of Kundalini Yoga, can be channeled upward for greater spiritual awareness.
- Eat raw, baked, steamed, or in capsule form.
- Universal healing food.
- Purifies and builds new blood.
- Recommended for colds, fever, laryngitis, and diarrhea.
- Increases mental clarity.
- Eat raw (preferred), juiced, or cooked.
- Soothes and strengthens nerves by nourishing spinal fluid.
- Increases energy and vitality.
- Useful for menstruating women.
- Drink as a tea or juice or use it as a spice in main dishes.
- Good for the skin and mucous membranes.
- Good for female reproductive organs.
- Increases bone and joint flexibility, anti-inflammatory.
- Sauté for curries, casseroles, soups, gravies, and sauces.
- Tumeric needs to be cooked before eating; you can cook it with a little water to make a paste that will keep in the fridge.
- Black pepper purifies the blood.
- Cinnamon strengthens the bones.
- Cardamom supports the colon.
- Cloves build the nervous system.
- Ginger, with all its benefits, is an optional addition.
- Black tea (tiny amount) holds it all together.
- Milk protects the colon.
You may also be interested in:
- Tantric Burger Ingredients:
- Yummy Kicharee:
- Eating for Enlightenment: Beet and Fennel Salad:
- Developing Digestive Capacity with a Gluten Free Diet and Turmeric -- with Yummy Spaghetti Squash Recipe:
- Simplifying at the Supermarket with Yogi Tea Kitchari Recipe:
- Confessions of a Sugar Eater:
- Vegetarian Vitality: Orange Root Vegetable Curry Soup:
- Pistachio Paranthas:
- Yogic Recipes for Immune Health: Astragalus Soup and Ajwain Pancakes:
- Keep Up Video: Shabd Kriya with Gurudev Kaur: