7 Directives for Living Your Destiny
By Sewa Singh
Here are some ideas to help with the transition process of becoming who your spiritual name says you are.
Using your new spiritual identity as a base:
1. Stop relating to the past, your past. This means drop the past from your mind, body and spirit.
2. Ask the Infinite directly, everyday, in an organized fashion, for assistance in your health, happiness and Divinity.
3. Keep up. By keep up, I mean keep up seeking simple employment. When you get the employment, keep up at your job.
My wife's grandfather worked for twenty years in coal mines to feed his wife and three step-children. He simply kept up and he was a happy man, deeply loved and respected by EVERYONE who met him. All he really did was KEEP UP at a job that didn't pay very much.
4. Never speak anything that you cannot deliver. Deliver exactly as you speak. Never exaggerate, never claim, never blame.
5. Drop the guilt, anger and feelings of being a victim. Keep up in this practice.
6. Give all responsibility to God. Never claim success, always point to the Source. Never complain, just be grateful to the Source. When you start to feel sorry, sad, sullen or sour, think of the beauty of Nature instead and praise its Source.
7. See God in all or don't see God at all. Especially see God in yourself.
Sewa Singh Khalsa is one of Yogi Bhajan’s early students. He has acted as a counselor for many couples and individuals, basing his approach purely on the teachings of Yogi Bhajan. He is also an accomplished artist and his work can be seen on www.sikhphotos.com. He lives in Seattle, Washington, with his wife, Sewa Kaur.