Five Tips for Facing the Day
- To be beautiful, slim and full of energy, women must vigorously exercise each day until there is sweat on the brow. (This is imperative during menopause!)
- It is an excellent idea to exercise before you eat anything in the morning and to take a walk or gentle exercise after dinner each evening.
- A woman should stretch her elbows 2-3 times a day in order to keep her glandular system in tune. How do you stretch your elbows? You’ll feel a stretch of the nerve (along the back of the elbow) if you do it right.
- Life nerve stretch—daily—sit down with your legs extended. Reach for your toes and bend forward with straight legs, bringing your nose between your knees; your elbows should touch the floor. As long as a woman maintains this standard of the pose, she will stay young. As you get older the third vertebra shrinks; this exercise stretches the spine at the third vertebra keeping you flexible and strong.
- A woman should nap 11 minutes—twice a day.
© The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan