"We started a healthy, happy, holy way of life, and that became 3HO. It is a dream come true. It is a very pure path in which every human is worshipped equally. Everybody is a potential teacher. There is no 'yes' and 'no', rather there is a set discipline to follow...We built a foundation called the 3HO Foundation: a Healthy, Happy, Holy Organization of people. The first song I sang was, 'We are the people, the people of love, let us people love today.' Certain little things started happening in a very unique way with all of you. All of those who have left, all who are with me, who shall be with me, or who shall leave me, all play a very important role in the development of 3HO—a lifestyle of the Age of Aquarius where humans shall be first and foremost purely human, and will do everything graciously."
-Yogi Bhajan, 1/5/94
"Yogi Bhajan was making soup in the kitchen of the East-West Cultural Center in Los Angeles when he told me, 'I have a vision, to create an organization called 3HO, the Healthy, Happy, Holy Organization, and you’ll be the Mother.' Without hesitation I replied, 'Thanks a lot, but no thanks. I’ve already raised my son – and I definitely don’t want any more responsibility; and furthermore, I don’t like organizations.'
Fortunately, he didn’t listen to me. Through the years, despite all the opposition and stupidity (starting with me!) that he patiently endured, Yogi Bhajan continued to follow his inner guidance, manifesting his vision and fulfilling his God-given destiny. On January 5, 1969, at his first public lecture in the United States, he stated, 'It’s your birthright to be Healthy, Happy, and Holy—and the practice of Kundalini Yoga is the method to claim that birthright.'"
-Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa
You may also be interested in:
- May the Long Time Sun Shine Upon You...Where it all Began:
- How it all Began - a Video with Shakti Parwha Kaur:
- Guru Singh's History of Summer Solstice:
- Kundalini Yoga Kriya for Oneness:
- A 3HO Logo Rendition by Muktiar Singh:
- The Sacred Land of Guru Ram Das Puri and the Hopi Vision:
- My First Solstice (Winter):
- Video: Stories of the Master with Bibiji:
- My 3HO Family (A Poem by Shakti):
- Pioneers in the Age of Aquarius: A Lecture Excerpt by Yogi Bhajan: