Would you like to increase the kindness and effectiveness of your healing touch? Here’s a simple routine you can practice that brings more prana into your hands.
1. Rub the palms of your hands together briskly for 3-5 minutes. Produce heat in the hands.
2. Then stretch your arms out to the sides, parallel to the floor, palms up, thumbs pointing back. Do Breath of Fire for 3 minutes.
3. Then inhale, hold the breath in, and with the arms still out to the sides, bend your wrists so your palms are facing out (away from the body) as if you were pushing out the walls on either side of you. Feel the energy in the center of the palms flowing to your entire body. Exhale and relax the breath.
4. Rub the hands together again for 2 minutes.
5. Then bend both elbows, keeping the forearms parallel to the floor. With the left hand in front of the diaphragm, palm facing up, place your right palm facing down about 8 inches above the left palm. Meditate on the exchange of energy between the palms of the hands for a few minutes.
Practice this full routine for 11 minutes every day if you want to be able to transfer healing energy to someone or to something such as massage oil or a glass of water.
© The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan
Reprinted from Aquarian Times, Spring 2004 with permission from Kundalini Yoga: The Flow of Eternal Power by Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa.