We often do not realize it, but how we speak to each other defines our entire lives. One word spoken at the right moment, with the proper frequency, can attract tremendous opportunity, uplift spirits, and heal wounds of the heart. One word spoken in the wrong moment, or with anger, can damage our relationships and reputation. Yogi Bhajan considered Conscious Communication a core element of Kundalini Yoga. He even wrote his Ph.D. dissertation on the subject, titled Communication: Condemnation or Liberation.
- Are you aware of how you communicate?
- Do you have a conscious command of your words?
- Do you sometimes lose control and say things that you regret?
- Do you communicate from a place of needing to control others, or can you communicate fearlessly?
- Do you stand behind your words—do you mean what you say and say what you mean?
Yogi Bhajan talked about how the purpose of communication was to “discharge your honest being.” Yet, to do this takes courage, self-awareness, and a deep trust in the flow of the Divine.
In Kundalini Yoga, communication is everything. We create our world through communication. We manifest our spirit through communication. We can destroy ourselves or someone we love with incorrect communication. So the science of communication is very thoroughly studied, and of the utmost importance.
Understanding conscious communication involves many different dimensions—how we speak to ourselves; how we speak to others; matching the communication with the purpose; deep listening; learning to communicate from chakra to chakra. All these aspects are involved in developing the art of conscious communication.
The Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) offers a course on Conscious Communication through their Level 2 Kundalini Yoga Certification Program.
This month, 3HO invites you to explore the theme of Conscious Communication in your own life.
Yogi Bhajan Quotes and Lectures:
- Communication: Purpose and Projection by Siri Ram Kaur
- Some Reflections on Two Words Spoken by My Teacher by Sewa Singh
- Clarify your Communication with Calamus by Karta Purkh Singh
- Lapis Lazuli: A Stone of Communication and Protection by Kudrat Kaur
- Your Word Wins the World by Sat Purkh Kaur
- Communication: Conscious Intentions vs Unconcious Desires by Sewa Singh
- The King and the Slander: A Sikhnet Audio Story for Kids
- Conscious Communication Begins with Your Own Self by HariBhajan aka Catalyst Yogi