Yoga for Children
For Children over 12 Years Old
Compiled by Guru Nam Kaur Khalsa
Yogi Bhajan taught these meditations in 1990.
Children can touch the tip of the nose with the index finger to help them concentrate in both meditations.
This meditation exercises the memory.
Sit in easy pose with a straight spine. Focus the eyes on the tip of the nose. Inhale deeply; hold the breath; exhale completely. Repeat twice. Then begin to click the tongue on the roof of the mouth while looking at the tip of the nose. Continue for 11 minutes maximum.
Do this meditation when you are angry or want to do something ‘bad.’
Sit in easy pose with a straight spine. Focus the eyes on the tip of the nose. Say Wha five times. Then say Sa five times. Continue for 11 minutes maximum.
© The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan
You may also be interested in:
- Yoga for Children:
- New Children's Yoga Therapy:
- Three Meditations for Happiness:
- Thinking Makes it So! A Children's Song for All Ages:
- Yoga to Balance the Head and Heart:
- Kid’s Yoga: It’s Supposed to be Fun!:
- Perfect Children’s Yoga:
- Snatam to record Khalsa Youth Camp's Greatest Hits:
- Teaching Yoga to Children–Shakta Kaur Invites You to her Solstice Class:
- Satraj Kaur teaches the special children of Mexico!: