Your donation makes a difference! Your continued support and the belief in the mission of 3HO helps continue services that bring virtual opportunities for global connection through our website, educational tools such as online webinars and lifestyle support, and transformational events. Growth of our expanding global community is your legacy ̶ you can help people everywhere to be Healthy, Happy, and Holy!
You are here
The 5 Sutras of the Aquarian Age
"In this time Piscean values are giving way to Aquarian values. The difference between the two is very simple. Piscean values work from the ego, creating boundaries. Aquarian values have no boundaries; they are Infinite. Aquarian consciousness takes you inside your soul, so that you can relate to the soul in all."
-Yogi Bhajan from Aquarian Times, Spring 2003.
A New age calls for its own words to live by. Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga and spiritual teacher to thousands, shared five principles which he called the Five Sutras of the Aquarian Age. They are as simple and straightforward as they are deep and transcendent.
Sutras are, figuratively and literally, “threads” that string life together. They are words to live by. The yoga sutras of Patanjali have sustained the world over thousands of years in their perfect wisdom. Astrologers have determined that every two thousand years, time moves us backward through the astrological signs, into a new age. In simple language this means that we are completing the age of Pisces and moving into the Age of Aquarius. Each age has it’s own theme, its own axiom.
"These are the five Yogic Sutras of the Aquarian Age given to us by Yogi Bhajan. A sutra is a ‘knot.’ It is a complex spiritual concept reduced to one sentence and later expanded upon by a spiritual teacher. Sutras allowed sacred teachings to be protected from harm (by appearing harmless to conquerors) and were brief enough to be remembered by students in ancient times." -Haribhajan Singh, aka Catalyst Yogi.
The Five Sutras of the Aquarian Age
1. Recognize that the other person is you.
2. There is a way through every block.
3. When the time is on you, start, and the pressure will be off.
4. Understand through compassion or you will misunderstand the times.
5. Vibrate the cosmos, and the cosmos shall clear the path.
Artwork courtesy of KRI
You may also be interested in:
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: The Blocks Men Can’t Talk About (includes Q & A)
- Surrender Your Way through Every Block
- In Business with the 2nd Sutra
- Get Unstuck—Allow a Flowing of Knowing
- Yogi Bhajan Lecture: The Diagonal Solution
- Blocks are Illusions Created by the Mind
- Mantra to Open up Blockages in Your Life
- Reflecting on the 2nd Sutra
- 2nd Sutra Meditation Commentary
- 2nd Sutra Meditation: Mandhavani Kriya